Areas wanted for TV show segments

Bossgobbler23

Oct 24, 2004
Mid-Michigan
We have a nationally broadcast TV show seen on MOR (Men's Outdoor & Recreation, 32 million households). We are a big game hunting show but are now incorporating and introducing metal detecting as another form of hunting to our viewers. We just finished filming a show in the Mechanicsville, VA area that was both fun and one that we think will bring more interest to this great hobby and knowledge of the events that took place there.
We are at this time interested in showing military events between French & Indian and Civil War. If you have a show idea and would like us to consider a trip out with you (we promise to keep your spot confidential), let us know.
Contact me via PM or email [email protected]

Thank You
Greg

Upvote 0
We were in Mechanicsville twice with the last trip a couple of weeks ago, at two different locations. The history of that area is great! We found many bullets, a couple of buttons and a few odds and ends. We also went over to the Cold Harbor park armed only with our cameras of course and filmed the cannons, signs and some trenches. I think it will make for a very interesting piece for the history lover.

Personally, I don't like seeing myself.
Especially on TV.

I's seen myself twice on TV & even my Voice
Drove me Mad. :P

I would make a terrible actor :D
good luck with your show !

Jeff, I know what you mean about hearing your own voice on film for the first time. The best advice is to just be yourself when on camera. If you have a good interviewer he/she will already know what key questions to ask you that will pull out your natural knowledge on the subject. It's really not hard unless you try to remember too much instead of letting it flow.

The show from Mechanicsville will air the weeks of Sept 24th and Dec 24th on the MOR channel (Dish Network 218, Direct TV 604) The name of our TV show is A-Way Outdoors (see our website for times as this changes each quarter www.awayhunting.com )

I thought that was you Greg . Been watching yall's hunting show for a pretty good while . Are you ready for turkey season ? Ours starts tomorrow . I'd like to see a metal detecting show also .

jeff of pa said:
Personally, I don't like seeing myself.
Especially on TV.

I's seen myself twice on TV & even my Voice
Drove me Mad. :P

I would make a terrible actor :D
good luck with your show !

I think there should be a show about Jeff reviewing posts & moving them around and PBK sitting in a pile of reference books ID'n stuff... ;) I'd watch that... :D

gypsyheart said:
If you want to follow me around for a day ,I can show you rusty relics like no ones buisiness! ;) :D

Announcer: "And in next weeks episode, the Queen of Rust shows us just how much trash got left behind..."

Hi 2country - Thank you for watching. I am more than ready for turkey but the snowy weather here in Michigan has set them back a bit. Luckily our permits don't take effect for a couple of weeks yet. My father and I are leaving for Texas tomorrow for a hog hunt. I will be happy to feel some warm weather again.

Montana, you got me laughing...Thank you! I know what Jeff goes through policing a forum.

Gypsy, PM me and let me know what kind of rust you dig, thanks for ALL your help!

Too bad you don't do a show on finding fossils. I'll be digging for leaf fossils in Nevada later this Spring and as long as you keep the area secret, you're welcome to come along. One word of warning - you'll need a wide angle lens for the camera because I am a BIG woman!!! :D

TreasureTales

Thank you for the invite. It sounds very interesting and appealing. Depending how these first few TH shows go over with our viewers we may expand into other areas. Again thank you for the kind invite. We will keep this in mind for the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back