Are You Leading The Life You Intended?

How many of you are leading the life you set out to live?

• Yes I am

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50/50

• Not even close

• I'm not even sure who I am anymore

• Total voters
Old Town said:
100 percent the way I want to live. I'm 53, no kids and never been married. Living in a paradise. I owe no money and have more than I need. I work for 18 months then take 6 months off. I planned this existence in my 20s.

I feel the biggest error a lad can make is getting married. So many options leave you when you take on another person's ideas of what constitutes a happy life. I grew up on an island with so many pretty and constantly changing women I cannot imagine only taking one. (then releasing it - good conservation practice, like fishing)

Alone you can truly do what you want. I started a boat building business at 30 after working for another man in the same trade since I was 13 and sweeping floors when not in school. I work the hours I want and have all kinds of time to play. I windsurf, sail, free dive and shoot guns when not building boats. Around me are all the pals I grew up with and many others who came to the island.

Have had a chance to sail to just about every island in the Caribbean and off South America. Could not have done this married. This is the key. Stay single you young fellows. You will accumulate money and never have to worry about a doggone thing as you get older.

Old Town

This is why I never had children....or married one:)

P.S. tell Tony Roberts that Tori from Indiana sez hello!

Tori, should have adjusted this for women too.

If you're young lady, get a good education and count on no man for your happiness. Be self sufficient and produce no children. Have lots of friends and grow wealthy in every way.

OT

P.S. I'm not really into current music. You'll have to say hello to that bad musician yourself. And Jimmy Buffett. I hate Jimmy Buffett.

OT you have a good point.
Do what you want whenever you want.
All it takes is a good product to sell and you have it.

Alas, all I have left is my immortality.
My kids, theirs, ect.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back