bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lil bit bigger than a half dime...

ForumRunner_20131126_184140.png

ForumRunner_20131126_184243.png

Sent from my Diva Detector using TreasureNet :-)

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I'll have to disagree with the majority here, they look like costume jewelry to me. The "coins" look too small to be real and the earring parts would have a karat mark if they were gold.

Upvote 0
You really might have scored BHG , people can miss something like high Karat gold and ancient coins - especially in a rural small town area -

Upvote 0
I'm no expert but I'm going to say that in my opinion they are way too much alike to be real. Hammered coins are usually all very different in how they are struck and also have a huge variety of designs. Wait for the real experts to chime in like Mackaydon but my opinion is don't quit your day job just yet. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Never stop trying. Awhile back I was digging through a pile of Silver plated flatware a guy who ran the local dump had on a table at his annual yard sale. He always goes through that stuff and picks out any Sterling and cashes it in but my wife wanted some cheap plated stuff to make wind chimes out of. I bought 8 butter knives because they matched and paid 25 cents each for the lot . Got home and started looking them over more closely and saw an unfamiliar proof mark that was hidden by the design embossed into the handles. It turned out to be a French mark that stood for .950 Silver.. Best 2 bucks I had spent in awhile.

Upvote 0
Never stop trying. Awhile back I was digging through a pile of Silver plated flatware a guy who ran the local dump had on a table at his annual yard sale. He always goes through that stuff and picks out any Sterling and cashes it in but my wife wanted some cheap plated stuff to make wind chimes out of. I bought 8 butter knives because they matched and paid 25 cents each for the lot . Got home and started looking them over more closely and saw an unfamiliar proof mark that was hidden by the design embossed into the handles. It turned out to be a French mark that stood for .950 Silver.. Best 2 bucks I had spent in awhile.

Now that is awesome :-)

Upvote 0
Are the settings kind of heavy - without the coins in them ? do you suspect that they may be the good stuff ? ( I agree the coins are likely copies )

Upvote 0
I'm doubtful of they being real. If they were Faustina coins I believe the obverse would have words around and near the border. Second, I've never seen a reverse image like that. True, there may be some words on the reverse, but I cannot read them.
Don....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back