bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lil bit bigger than a half dime...

ForumRunner_20131126_184140.png

ForumRunner_20131126_184243.png

Sent from my Diva Detector using TreasureNet :-)

ooook, not what I expected from that title. They look real and they look spectacular!!

Upvote 0
Awesome! What kind of coin are they

Upvote 0
I'm sorry I had to look...I mean lurk:tongue3:.
But the question is do they feel real?:laughing7:.
ZDD

Upvote 0
They have been glossed

Upvote 0
I've seen some on the net that are genuine ancient coins set in 24kt settings and they look near identical to yours by style. I would venture to say that the ones you have pictured are real

Upvote 0
Judging by the pix (which are a tad blurry) these look like genuine Roman coins, though probably common ones and not of high value. The settings look like gold-- you might have them tested by a jeweler. Are these detecting finds, swap meet, or garage sale?

Upvote 0
Found them at goodwill and glassec means that have some kind of shellac on them...

Upvote 0
They look old, nice goodwill find. Congrats! You certainly were paying attention! I have seen Turkish ones that look similar.

Upvote 0
The image is a bit blurred, but the figure looks a bit like Diva Faustina wife of Antoninus Pius. Hard to say for sure really, better pictures are needed.

SS

Upvote 0
Hey bhg,nice profile pic.Don't know anything about Roman coins,hope you find out they are real.I would wear them just because they're cool looking.

Upvote 0
Nice, they look to be common Roman coins set in 24k gold. :icon_scratch: You should just wear them, trying to save them is not really worth it... :dontknow: The scrap gold is very little if not plated... Good conversation pieces to wear on those group hunts !! :icon_thumright:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back