Are these Indian showers?

whompwhomp

Jun 2, 2024
Found these cut outs in the rock on a underground spring.

IMG_1564.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1560.jpeg
    IMG_1560.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1564.jpeg
    IMG_1564.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
I say no, why would they go to that much work with only stone tools to cut out rock at a spring to take a shower?

Thread moved to General Forum, Introduction forum is for Introductions only.

I say no, why would they go to that much work with only stone tools to cut out rock at a spring to take a shower?

Thread moved to General Forum, Introduction forum is for Introductions only.
There is one stall per corner cut out. There is also a dam built to backfill the stall to make them fill up with water. I know of spear points found on same property. I was always told they were showers by family. Im just trying to get some insight by someone with some knowledge.

There is one stall per corner cut out. There is also a dam built to backfill the stall to make them fill up with water. I know of spear points found on same property. I was always told they were showers by family. Im just trying to get some insight by someone with some knowledge.
Really don't think native Indians cut them, way too much work with stone tools and no need.

Whomp..that creek/river has flooded hundreds of times (or more) since the days when native people inhabited the area. There is no possibility that those cut-outs would still be that square after so long a time. I would submit those cuts were likely made within the last couple of years, at most.

Also, the fauna appears to be from the Pac. NW, and that water is likely a bit on the chilly side for taking a bath.
moose.gif

maybe the site of an old mill. lots of stone works at on mill sites,

Interesting pics. Only cultures I know about, Southern Plains mostly, would never go to that trouble. Just bathe in the nearest river. They didn't have the means to do that kind of stone work, and they were highly mobile, never staying in one place long. I think it's manmade for sure but can't venture a guess on who or why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back