Anyone use an IDX Pro?

tigershark11

Dec 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had an IDX Pro for a number of years and it has spent more then a few sitting in the closet because work had interfered in time off. Well I dug it out and cleaned it up and would really like to get the most out of it.. I like the IDX and was wondering if there are other coils to use and if anyone really knows this model well. Thanks in advance..

I use an IDX Pro and love it. It is a simple yet powerful machine. Monte is the expert on this machine. Per his advice, I am using the 950 coil, a Royal 800 (8" coil made by whites) and the White's bullseye 5.3 coil. The latter two are superior coils in Oregon soils because of the extreme mineralization. The IDX Pro is a 6.59 kHz machine, like the XLT. White's has a coil compatibility chart on their website: White's Metal Detectors - Search Coil Compatibility Chart

Last edited:
The IDX Pro is a great detector. It can use any of the Blue Max coils made for the White's 6.59 kHz machines. These include the BM 350 Snooper, BM 600 or Bullseye 5.3, BM 800 or Royal Scan 800, BM 950, and coils made by Applied Creativity for the White's 6.59 kHz machines like the GoldFoot, BigFoot, Hot Shot, and 600 Eliminator. Bill Crabtree (Mr. Bill) does mods to the IDX by adding an external Threshold and Ground Balance that makes the IDX Pro even better.

Thank-you for the replies to my thread.. Great info which I will research. Sorry it took sooo long to reply but work has been crazy and time limited to being able to get on line. I am glad both of you are happy with your IDX pros. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow at low tide. I'd like to keep in touch about the IDX pro for reference. Thanks again..

Thank-you for the replies to my thread.. Great info which I will research. Sorry it took sooo long to reply but work has been crazy and time limited to being able to get on line. I am glad both of you are happy with your IDX pros. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow at low tide. I'd like to keep in touch about the IDX pro for reference. Thanks again..

Happy hunting! The IDX Pro is best swung at a lower-than-most sweep speed for most accurate target ID and maximum depth!

I have a Bullseye 5.3 and its a great coil to go with a great detector.

What do you like about the bullseye? What is it good for? Thanks for the reply..

The bullseye is great for very trashy areas or very mineralized soil. I have noticed that, in Oregon, I get similar or superior depth with this smaller coil than with the stock 950 because of the massive amount of mineralization in the soils here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back