Anyone know what this is? Best image search I got is listed below. About the size of a shotgun shell. Will post dimensions soon

KLC

Greenie
Jul 7, 2024
IMG_8654.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8656.jpeg
    IMG_8656.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8655.png
    IMG_8655.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_8653.jpeg
    IMG_8653.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Now you talking.... Go get'em tiger....!!!!!
Drum roll….update. Nobody get too excited. I tore the heck out of the bottom to discover a tiny pinhole. Attempted to utilize that pinhole to detach internal container. As far as I can tell there is nothing but fine particles inside. Still cannot dislodge all the things. No lipstick color to settle debate ☹️ on to the next! Happy hunting everyone
Drum roll….update. Nobody get too excited. I tore the heck out of the bottom to discover a tiny pinhole. Attempted to utilize that pinhole to detach internal container. As far as I can tell there is nothing but fine particles inside. Still cannot dislodge all the things. No lipstick color to settle debate ☹️ on to the next! Happy hunting everyone

Attachments

• IMG_8672.jpeg
    IMG_8672.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Upvote 1

Ok.... good job. But with the new information from within item somebody might now have a better idea what it might be. This item is still very interesting. But thanks for sharing. And don't hesitate to do again.... Brad

Upvote 0
Too bad the "cap" couldn't have been removed without destroying the artifact. (Heavy sigh) 😔

Upvote 0

Well it isn't red lipstick.
Might as well rip the next section apart.

Upvote 0
A good blade can slice brass like it is butter. Thin brass, Like a .308 case. A couple decades ago I used a big ole pre 1900 grinder wheel with a modern belt drive to sharp up old files. ( convert them to knife blades ) Those are hardened from the git go @ factory. In theory the hard might not be all the way to the bone, but that big ole grinding wheel added heat treating sumptin' something.

At deer camp the boys were skeptical. So I took the challenge and split their used cases vertically in half. They wanted some. But alas I had only a limited supply. I have only 2 full ones left, and some break offs. They are a bit brittle and I was fond of using a hammer to encourage their slicing capabilities. If you hit them with a diamond file they take the edge like you never seen before. I only ever sharpened one. No need to do the others.

Original intent was to add deer antler handles. But dang, try to drill that hard stuff. I settled for rubber wraps.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back