59 KB · Views: 1,622
  • 12-6-09 PIN back 003.jpg
    12-6-09 PIN back 003.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,142
Upvote 0
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
"It was found in Wheeling IL by an old 1 room school house long gone..."

DB BOB

I gotta believe you already researched the name of the school where you found the pin. If not, it might be worth looking into. Who knows, maybe some student dropped it on the playground one day back in the 1920's or 30's. :dontknow:

Thanks.

SODABOB

In the process of finding that out....

Bramblefind said:
Actually now that I think about it I saw a reference to a Sewing and Cooking achievement pin. So maybe it is a Sewing and Cooking Achievement pin.

I'll dig it up again...

This is from The Daily Herald (Chicago) June 4, 1929

16apg7p.jpg
This sure points in the right direction..

Like others have said If only we had some other picture to explain it...

You guys are great....

I sure did a good job at finding a GOOD WHAT IS IT ? this time....

I don't know what more to say but Thank You for your efforts ALL......

Upvote 0
Just to let you know I haven't given up yet, I thought I'd share this with anyone interested in enriching their Monogram-type research. The Email address below will put you in contact with the seller. I just came across this on the internet and am in no way associated with seller. It seems expensive for a paperback cover, and other copies are most likely available through other sources.

I just did some additional research and discovered the $65.00 is a pretty good price. Amazon.com list it as new @ $179.95, and used starting @ $133.01.

Ottawa, Algrove Publishing, 1999. Alphabets, initials, cyphers, types, crests, coats-of arms, emblems, badges, shields, and decorations. Allgrove Publishing, Classic reprint series, originally published in 1910. Paperback slightly worn cover. From smokers house.

(This Particular Copy Is A Used Reprint Currently Available (12-15-09) For $65.00)

[email protected]

SDBB

Attachments

• Monogram Book.jpg
    Monogram Book.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
thanks Breezie! I really hope someone can solve this one but it's quite the puzzle.

Bigcypresshunter - I copied the page by a screenshot. I do it this way - line up your view and hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard. Go to "Paint" and then "Edit" and "Paste" The screen view will show up in the Paint program and you can save it as a pic/.jpg. After that I usually crop it to edit out the screen edges.

Another good method to capture a screen shot, (and with fewer steps than 'print screen') is a free program called MW Snap. It allows you to capture and crop on the fly then just save it wherever you want.

Upvote 0
I use IrFanView...

I hit control and PrtScn together ( Fast )
then open Irfanview Hit Control and V ( key )
Click and hold to make youe box around what you want to save ( Crop )
Then open edit window on top and click Crop
Then open file window
then save as ( to where you want it put )

Upvote 0
Bramblefind should get the credit here. One of the tougher IDs. :icon_thumright:

(Im looking back on this post because I forgot how to copy a page)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back