🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anyone know definitely what type of button this is that I dug up?

May 8, 2023
BAEAAFD8-956D-4A54-8F87-90C25717B96E.jpeg
9CECF2FD-67F8-476A-A5A2-0CAD4C8D06F0.jpeg

Just a flat button, with a broken shank. That has a hole punched through it for some reason.
Not sure on the size, even though it's sitting on a pack of smokes, it doesn't give most an actual size.
There's not going to be any definitive answer to your queries.

Upvote 0
I agree it's a common flat button I've found hundreds over the years. go look some more they are often found in groups .
here's a chart you can save that helps date these buttons. yours looks like sample G to me.
tn_buttons_01       button dating.jpg

Upvote 1
Agree, it is a plain face flat button and the back said “gilt” surrounded by stars

Upvote 0
You need to help us by measuring your items, or placing some common object, like a penny, etc., next to the object.

I would keep detecting that area & dig everything . One time I found a small railroad uniform button. I kept searching the area & dug up ALL the buttons to the jacket, that was rotted away, except for a small patch of cloth on one of the buttons. I donated the set of buttons to the small museum of the small, historical town I was in.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back