ANYONE HAVE INPUT??? A CARVED X" ON SIDE OF CIVIL WAR BULLET??????

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• imagejpeg952.jpg
    imagejpeg952.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 491
may have marked them so they knew how many were fired, or may have started to carve on it just to kill time

Upvote 0
If it were mine it would mean I hit it with my digging tool... twice.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I HAVE DONE THAT BEWFOR A FEW TIMES...THIS WAS ACTUALLY THERE BEFORE..LOL

Upvote 0
if you did that with your shovel it would be real shiny. That has the same patina all around so it was done in that period

Upvote 0
Maybe a little morbid, but could it have possibly been cut/scored by surgical tools during a rapid surgery or amputation? (Those poor guys...) Very interesting, Sub

Upvote 0
Don't think it actually means anything other than a soldier who was bored and wanted to carve on something. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
The knights of Templar used a hooked x, they use to carve into stones. Though I'm sure this has nothing to do with your situation. Lol.

Upvote 0
The fact that some of the lead stands proud of the cylinder tells me it was done after firing, if even fired. Could have been a plow or other farm implement.

Upvote 0
May have been done for a shooting competition to identify a bullet. May.

More likely just somebody being bored.

Upvote 0
Yes he probably did. And it does appear it was never fired. Of course this is just a wild hypothesis but imagine if the soldger marked it himself and kept it as the one to be used on him if things became inevitable .. if you know what I mean.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back