Anyone got any K1 reporting tips?

mike44

Greenie
Jun 15, 2024
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Current Stable includes: Compadre, Golden Sabre II, Cortes, Impact, Gold Kruzer, Eurotek Pro, Omega 8500, F75LTD, V3, Xterra 705 and an Etrac.
I'm basically just an income investor. Some of the better income investments are partnerships, royalty trusts, etc that generate K1 forms instead of 1099 for tax reporting. After a few years dealing with them, they don't seem so hard now except that 1) they are always sent out toward the end of March/early April, and 2) many of them seem to get revised after April 15th.

I do my own taxes and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to work through all the forms and instructions so this late K1 arrivals always cause me extra anxiety. Any tips to make it easier to deal with K1 reporting?

HH
Mike

I'm basically just an income investor. Some of the better income investments are partnerships, royalty trusts, etc that generate K1 forms instead of 1099 for tax reporting. After a few years dealing with them, they don't seem so hard now except that 1) they are always sent out toward the end of March/early April, and 2) many of them seem to get revised after April 15th.

I do my own taxes and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to work through all the forms and instructions so this late K1 arrivals always cause me extra anxiety. Any tips to make it easier to deal with K1 reporting?

HH
Mike

If your K-1's are late every year, and often revised, consider applying for the automatic extension and you'll have more time to get it right.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back