Greenie
Feb 13, 2024
IMG_1030.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg

Upvote 9

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Have to wait and see what others say. Has the right shape but could be a couple of things like a test core from drilling, a battery core from an old battery or a pestle. Iā€™m not positive so letā€™s see what others say. I would of definitely carried it home.

OP
OP
A

Ak3020

Greenie
Feb 13, 2024
Have to wait and see what others say. Has the right shape but could be a couple of things like a test core from drilling, a battery core from an old battery or a pestle. Iā€™m not positive so letā€™s see what others say. I would have definitely carried it home.
Itā€™s 4 miles back in the middle of nowhere where I found it has me scraping my head

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if you were grinding with sand stone it would be very gritty.
Possible nut cracker.. Hard to say if used

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did use sandstone for manos and metates in SWOK at times. Granite was preferred if you could get it. You look at the teeth in burials there and they would be worn down from grit that got into the food.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Yes I do to just canā€™t figure how it would have got where it was
The only other thing it could possibly be if related to NA artifact is a preform for something like a tube pipe. But you would have to research it to see what materials they used and what size they were. It looks like sandstone to me.

OP
OP
A

Ak3020

Greenie
Feb 13, 2024
The only other thing it could possibly be if related to NA artifact is a preform for something like a tube pipe. But you would have to research it to see what materials they used and what size they were. It looks like sandstone to me.
It is sandstone and I looked up tube pipes I think this would be too big around for a tube pipe.

Rockdog

Apr 28, 2024
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure on the core sample thing. Mostly because if you look at pictre.ure one it is not perfectly round. Secondly the discoloration on the bottom tends to indicate some type of usage. Not su

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread