140.2 KB · Views: 100
  • P5231612.JPG
    P5231612.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
looks like an insurance policy proof c1890's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all I could find is the token catalog and it didn't have any info on it. HH

Upvote 0
No idea what it is but it's a really cool fined.

Upvote 0
It appears, from the included article, that the insurance company began the certificate medal program sometime in 1889 and describes its purpose. It does not answer when policy #62547 was dated and its certificate issued.

Page 88 of "The Indicator," [A National Journal of Insurance] Volume IX (January 1890-December 1890)
https://books.google.com/books?id=8...anapolis ind accident certificate no.&f=false

"—Our old friend John Jordan, formerly with the Prudential for six years, but who for the past year has been supervisor of the industrial department of the National Accident Association of Indianapolis, Ind., seems to be making a success of his branch of the business. The Indianapolis Journal of February 15th, in noticing the annual meeting of the N. A. A., says: 'John Jordan will continue to supervise the industrial department of the association. The industrial branch is a distinctive feature of the association. In this branch the association issues certificates on the weekly-payment plan. This feature has been in existence one year, and has proved a great success. The fire-proof identifying medal, issued to each member, with the number of his certificate thereon, is also new with this association.' "

Upvote 0
Was kind of hoping for some old silver coins but I did find a little child's silver ring along with a 2 cent piece and a couple IH's, I have them posted in the Indiana finds with this token. I did manage to find my first cc mint coin an 1876 dime there earlier this year. Just about when I tell myself I'm not going to go back I find a few more to keep me coming back but the ones left are in the thick briers. HH

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back