Any up dates in Treasure Coast

Thought it was a weekend projection , but I missed out . Hope this weekend that the weather acts similar to the last because I will definitely be able to make it to Sebastian then. Sunday in the a.m , w/ headlamps , jejeje . Supposedly winter weather takes the tide line out farther , will see , then maybe , (hopefully) have something to post .

mnm said:
Supposedly winter weather takes the tide line out farther , will see , then maybe , (hopefully) have something to post .

Beach hunting rookie here with a question about tide lines. When referring to tide lines do you mean at its' highest point reached or at the edge of waves at low tide?? ??? ??? I've heard advice to hunt the tide line, so that's why I'm asking.

I'm in Florida for a few weeks, St. Augustine now and Hutchinson Island area mid November. Any tips are sure appreciated; I'm a dirt digger, so this beach thing is all new to me. Thanks...........

DFIU

DFIU said:
mnm said:
Supposedly winter weather takes the tide line out farther , will see , then maybe , (hopefully) have something to post .

Beach hunting rookie here with a question about tide lines. When referring to tide lines do you mean at its' highest point reached or at the edge of waves at low tide?? ??? ??? I've heard advice to hunt the tide line, so that's why I'm asking.

I'm in Florida for a few weeks, St. Augustine now and Hutchinson Island area mid November. Any tips are sure appreciated; I'm a dirt digger, so this beach thing is all new to me. Thanks...........

DFIU

dfiu,

Check this pic, IMO, the high tide line is the line where dry sand meets wet sand and there will be a line of moss, shells, and other crap along the line and this occurs at high tide. The low tide line is where the water meets sand at low tide. High tide happens about every 12 hours and low tide happens about every 12 hours, high tide and low tide alternating about every 6 hours. :o

Like you, I grew up diggin dirt! ::) When I first hit the sand in FL, I fell in love :-*

Have a good trip, take some pics and post! :P

Attachments

• 10.24.06 to 10.29.06023.JPG
    10.24.06 to 10.29.06023.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 583
Thanks for the tips, Davy. Will be in Port St. Lucie for 2 weeks, so Hutchinson Island is where I'll do most MDing. Have you hunted there?

Got out once on a pretty desolate beach here in St. Augustine; did OK, but look forward to busier spots.

DFIU (Dick from IA)

[/quote]
Chagy said:
So how are those cuts? is the new sand gone by now?

All the best,

Chagy........
I havent been up there for awhile. Im going out of town this week but any time after next weekend, if you go let me know, Ill meet you there. :)

dfiu,

I've driven the coast from South Miami to Daytona several times. Don't think i've detected in the St. Lucie, Hutchinson areas though........... :'(

Good Luck! 8)

Chagy said:
So how are those cuts? is the new sand gone by now?

All the best,

Chagy........
I havent been up there for awhile. Im going out of town this week but any time after next weekend, if you go let me know, Ill meet you there. :)
[/quote]

Sounds good!!!!! I am going to Santo Domingo for Thanksgiving.....after that I might go to Treasure Coast....I will stay in touch and let you know.......we need to get there before CappyZ finds all the treasure with his tropicFARTfinder ;D :D :D :D.......I am wondering how is it....last time I was there I only found a toy car......tons of new sand, it was not worth it.... hope all the new sand its gone by now.....

All the best.......

Chagy........

I am planning on going to the treasure coast around December 16th for a few days. I am hoping the new sand is gone and to find some cuts in the beach.

Good luck to everyone

Leebo

Leebo in SC said:
I am planning on going to the treasure coast around December 16th for a few days. I am hoping the new sand is gone and to find some cuts in the beach.

Good luck to everyone

Leebo

Cool.......lets stay in touch maybe we can make a nice group!!!!!

All the best,

Chagy...........

Hello Chagy,

That sounds great. I will get in touch with you before we leave. I am really looking forward to the trip. ;D ;D

Leebo

just got back from the treasure coast, pleanty of sand. spent about 12 hours hunting at 5 diffrent beaches an almost found 2$ in change :( :( :(. Only a few of the coins were old drops.I did get 1 - 44 wheat. deepest find was a nickel at about 13-14 inches. seen 4 others on the beach an talk to 1 of them that hunts at least 1 time a week on these beaches an he had only a few coins himself. almost no one on the beach ??? ??? ??? ???, the weather was great an the water was not that cold.

I just got back from Sebastian Inlet State Park. Got a few $ in clad, all of it at the waterline, 6 to 8 inches down, and most of that just north of the pier where the surfing crowd was. Also found something that looks like a blob of solder. I tried the tide pool on the back side. This is where pull tabs go to die.
Has anyone gotten hits on the back side of the island ?

Keep diggin,

Tek

teklord said:
I just got back from Sebastian Inlet State Park. Got a few $ in clad, all of it at the waterline, 6 to 8 inches down, and most of that just north of the pier where the surfing crowd was. Also found something that looks like a blob of solder. I tried the tide pool on the back side. This is where pull tabs go to die.

Keep diggin,

Tek
I dont think it is legal to search the back side or anywhere in the state park except the beach.

bigcypresshunter said:
teklord said:

Keep diggin,

Tek
I dont think it is legal to search the back side or anywhere in the state park except the beach.

Huh, Whoops.. No one told me :-\ I have searched that tide pool too. We were on the otherside of the inlet and a park guy said he sees people over mding the tide pool all the time. So I thought it was ok.

Dirt Fishin Dale said:
bigcypresshunter said:
teklord said:

Keep diggin,

Tek

Huh, Whoops.. No one told me :-\ I have searched that tide pool too. We were on the otherside of the inlet and a park guy said he sees people over mding the tide pool all the time. So I thought it was ok.
I am not that familiar with Sebastian Inlet State Park, but I was told it was illegal to search there. If it is OK then thats great.
Are you talking about part of the Intracoastal Waterway?

The park is on the intracoastal, it is ok to TH the beach. The ranger at the gate told me that from the water line to the dunes, anything you find you keep. The rest of the park is off limits, and don't go in the water. I'm not entirely sure about the tide pool, but it looked like a beach so I searched it. I asked another guy who worked there if anything from the 1715 ships ever comes up. He said " if you find anything like that you probably found it in the water so don't say anything about it " Good advice.

Tek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back