🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any takers?

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on southern tip of an island on a permission. Native America shell middens nearby. White people around since 1700’s. But I’m assuming it’s more modern than that. It almost looks familiar to me. What is it?
D74CEE2D-FA33-4B83-9CE7-00D218D660A3.jpeg

:icon_scratch: I had half of an idea, but it turns out not to be a valid one. This is a stumper!

Upvote 0
:icon_scratch: I had half of an idea, but it turns out not to be a valid one. This is a stumper!
whaaat? i stumped the great creskol? say it ain't so.
Yeah its a weird one. When i dug it, i was ready to just chalk it up to a random piece of metal that broke of something. But after examining it back at home, i got more interested. It has such a unique shape, how the ends come to fine points. It almost looks like a star and seems to have some age to it. hmmmmmm :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
whaaat? i stumped the great creskol? say it ain't so.
Yeah its a weird one. When i dug it, i was ready to just chalk it up to a random piece of metal that broke of something. But after examining it back at home, i got more interested. It has such a unique shape, how the ends come to fine points. It almost looks like a star and seems to have some age to it. hmmmmmm :icon_scratch:
I was trying to make it fit similar to one of these:
Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 9.01.27 PM.jpg

Upvote 0
I have a feeling that the two roundish ends faced the north/south position and were internally mounted to two objects, but what and why remain a mystery.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling that the two roundish ends faced the north/south position and were internally mounted to two objects, but what and why remain a mystery.
Like this…hmmm
7CA0F13F-B833-460E-8B32-0DAB2A5F683E.jpeg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back