Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found this penknife a while ago, cleaned up pretty good on a wire wheel.
It says CASE XX
U.S.A.

. . . . on one side and 2137 on the other.
About 3 1/2" long, has some nice brass on it, and the handle appears to be black hard rubber or maybe bakelite.
I dont know why the black it is turning white now.

Can anyone place a date on this pocket knife or tell me anything about it?

Attachments

• MVC-002E.JPG
    MVC-002E.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 361
  • MVC-003E.JPG
    MVC-003E.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 361
  • MVC-004E.JPG
    MVC-004E.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 398
It took OVER 6 MINUTES to search, identify, and type a reply! :o ;) ;)

Yea thats it. I wonder what the dot system is? Actually mine has only has 4 dots under the U.S.A. even though my pic looks like 5 dots.
It says the black handle is wood. Must be Ebony or some exotic hardwood. I will try linseed oil on it.

"This auction is for a near mint old Case XX USA one blade 2137 Sodbuster Jr. pocket knife with nice wood handles and 4 dots which makes it a 1976 model." e-Bay listing. Current bid $22.50.

Attachments

• case pocketknife e-Bay.jpg
    case pocketknife e-Bay.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
57sauce said:
According to the case website you knife has a Smooth Black Synthetic Thermoplastic Rubber Handel. If you would like more info on the model number go here.

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/pattern_stamp/

the first number refers to the handle material
the second how many blades
the last two is the model number
You are right. The e-Bay listing is wrong. It does appear to be synthetic and that explains why it is turning white. Even though it is not that old, the early plastics are known to break down, turn white and deteriorate. I dont know how to clean it or stop plastic from turning. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back before they started putting stainless blades in them they were my favorite knife in the world. It was hard to keep one of them though. They disappeared quite often.

DANGLANGLEY

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back