✅ SOLVED Any Ideas

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• P1020392.JPG
    P1020392.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 0
One side has been re-sharpened more.
You sure about that Quito? My initial thought was just as yours. Then, I noticed the odd notching. One is larger than the other and they aren't lined up normal. Symmetry can't be found on this piece. You may well be right. I hope others jump in on this.

I still think it was a useable point.

On a more capricious characterization, it may have been manufactured by someone with a vision disability.

Attachments

• Marty-Feldman-1934-1982.jpg
    Marty-Feldman-1934-1982.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
You sure about that Quito? My initial thought was just as yours. Then, I noticed the odd notching. One is larger than the other and they aren't lined up normal. Symmetry can't be found on this piece. You may well be right. I hope others jump in on this.

Odd notching is not at all uncommon NC. And, off kilter blade edge on a notched piece usually indicates knife form.

agree... scraper or knife

Thanks for the input. I have wondered about the notch size and alignment .

Most knifes were hafted on the side so only 1 side was used for cutting. That is why only 1 side gets resharpened and the other side looks fresh.

For what it's worth, often times the material dictates the final form (inclusions, stacks, hinges, etc., etc.,). Toss in some resharpening on top of that and it's easy to end up with forms that seem "odd".

Here is one I found early in the yr.

Attachments

• 100_4458.JPG
    100_4458.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 83
Here is one I found early in the yr.

Not really the same thing rock.
They are commonly found in association with another early archaic artifact that appeared to be heavily used and abused... Keep your eyes out for Bolens around there

ForumRunner_20140612_194829.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back