Any ideas

boone42305

Greenie
Jun 6, 2012
image-2248488818.jpg

I found these along a old miner village. The metal is non magnetic and I'm lost what it could be. I was thinking lead because of the weight but it is hard. Anyone have any ideas it would be helpful even on how testing it.

I didn't even think of that. Now I just need to try to figure out what the piece with the initials could be off of.

Upvote 0
Is it bigger than a bread box?

We need a size reference. Location of the find and other relics found nearby would also be helpful.

The more info you give the faster and easier the item is to indentify.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
It's about an inch tall, almost 1/2 in wide at the top almost shaped like a spoon the stem is or could of been square in shape not sure do to ware. Also it has the initials MDI not stamped but lifted print.I found this piece along a miner village by old train train tracks. Also people do hunt there so there is always that possibility to.

Upvote 0
It could be a thumb piece off a teapot, inkwell, or flagon.

pewterteapot.jpg

Image_0253_1294_0001_Med.jpg

I found one small reference to a pewter gravy boat marked MDI but there was no pic.

Anything on the other side? Is the MDI on the "top" or "bottom" in your opinion?

What is the date range on your site? Are you in the US?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I would think it the top. The item was found in dauphin county Pa. Are you familiar with the blue eyed six story. That's about the area than a old coal miner village afterwords which ceased in late 1800's early 1900's

Upvote 0
MDI "Metal Detected Item" (until someone figures it out!)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back