Any ideas??

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this today in an old field. It is very heavy (brass?) and has a flower motif.... It's about 6" long but appears to have been broken so it was most likely longer at one time. It also has a slight curve to it. It seems to fit quite nicely in my left hand and feels awkward in my right. I kind of remember seeing something like this on an old wood stove that my grandfather used to lift the grids?

Am I on the right track or could it be something else? I was kind of hoping it was somehow military related as I found it in a field early military action.

Thanks for looking

Brian in MA

Sorry... forgot the pics:

Attachments

• DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC01853.JPG
    DSC01853.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC01854.JPG
    DSC01854.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
I'd have to go along with the foot pedal off of something, posibly a pipe organ? Monty

Upvote 0
fold out leg off a fancy christmas tree stand? looks like the foot part is broad to support weight.

Upvote 0
My wife thought that it was a pedal too. But, I thought it was odd that they would have put that fancy design on something that would be out of sight and would be getting stepped on. But, now I think she, and all of you, are right. It sure seems plausible !!!!

Thanks for your ideas !!!! I knew it wouldn't take long !!! Great job....

Brian in MA

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back