Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it with a civil war marine button.
It is solid brass with the two holes in it.
A little smaller at one end as it widens out a little on the end with the diamond shaped tip.(kinda cone shape)
My only guess is to maybe clean a barrel of a gun out maybe.If you put some cloth through the two holes looks like it would work. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
Thought I'd ask see what you all thought! :thumbsup:
Thanks Ahead! Pete :hello:

Attachments

• DSCN0716.JPG
    DSCN0716.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN0717.JPG
    DSCN0717.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0718.JPG
    DSCN0718.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0719.JPG
    DSCN0719.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN0720.JPG
    DSCN0720.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 246
GL said:
Part of a valve of some sort. The diamond would fit a tool used to turn it so the holes lined up and liquid could flow through.
Good Idea and thanks much I see what you are saying now.Maybe from a barrel spigot tap.Had not thought that way but have seen many posted.And i have a few pieces but not that part.I think you are right on. And Thanks Much! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Take Care,
Pete! :hello:

Solved!

Upvote 0
timekiller said:
GL said:
Part of a valve of some sort. The diamond would fit a tool used to turn it so the holes lined up and liquid could flow through.
Good Idea and thanks much I see what you are saying now.Maybe from a barrel spigot tap.Had not thought that way but have seen many posted.And i have a few pieces but not that part.I think you are right on. And Thanks Much! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Take Care,
Pete! :hello:

Solved!

yeap for a barrel tap

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back