Any ideas on this peace?

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Atpro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone have any ideas on this item? Looks like a token but its aluminum and that's write it says, I'd like to get in your pants. The other side says good luck. Just one of those things you find that makes you laugh.

Attachments

• image-1047276669.jpg
    image-1047276669.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 90
Ha! Yep, that's the danger of letting folks make their own tokens. The machines must still be around, often at amusement parks, arcades, etc. where you would enter in your message one letter at a time with your name or whatever (which I remember always messing up for various reasons; you had to pull the lever with a bit of oomph if I remember right?, I would forget the blank spaces, spell my last name wrong, etc)... Suffice it to say that none of mine were as keep worthy as yours.
Probably someone here can tell you the rough age of the blank that was used, and more, about these.
Added: apparently a common term for these is "Arcade-Stamped Good Luck Coins".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ha! Yep, that's the danger of letting folks make their own tokens. The machines must still be around, often at amusement parks, arcades, etc. where you would enter in your message one letter at a time with your name or whatever (which I remember always messing up for various reasons; you had to pull the lever with a bit of oomph if I remember right?, I would forget the blank spaces, spell my last name wrong, etc)... Suffice it to say that none of mine were as keep worthy as yours.
Probably someone here can tell you the rough age of the blank that was used, and more, about these.
Added: apparently a common term for these is "Arcade-Stamped Good Luck Coins".
yep....that's right....I remember making these in the early 70s. Mine weren't as ummmm blue though.....nice find....i bet it rang up nicely.

Upvote 0
They ring up very nicely, I've found 2, but not with that particular inscription.

Upvote 0
I found one w/ guy's name and serial number from ww2. Got it back to the guy thru his nephew. I think they went back to the 30's, maybe longer. Neat find.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys a friend found this and I posted it for him. I will let his know.

Upvote 0
I found one w/ guy's name and serial number from ww2. Got it back to the guy thru his nephew. I think they went back to the 30's, maybe longer. Neat find.
I was going to say that they were around in the late 40's. I remember one in the Greyhound Bus Depot, and I'd seen them in other places. I made one or two of them, but don't remember what they cost.

Upvote 0
I still have one I made as a kid in the 70's with my name and B-day. Lol. Would not have thought of writing that at the time! I believe you could pick a color too. Mine is blue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back