Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone found this axehead in an old shed.seen pics of twin headed axeheads but never seen one until yesterday.most australian axes are have only a single blade and i would mind a hand on dating it and where it from.no markers mark and this axehead has been used.

tinpan

Attachments

• axehead003.jpg
    axehead003.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 612
TreasureTales, WELCOME! Continue to tell like you see it! But no one in this thread should be avoided (I hope I wasn't one of the offenders). I happen to agree with Gypsy on this one, but its great to have knowledgable input from anyone willing to share their thoughts. Don't tippy-toe, you could be right! I've been wrong here before (and I'm not saying you are) and forgiveness comes quickly. Again... welcome! -Ben

Upvote 0
nhbenz said:
TreasureTales, WELCOME! Continue to tell like you see it! But no one in this thread should be avoided (I hope I wasn't one of the offenders). I happen to agree with Gypsy on this one, but its great to have knowledgable input from anyone willing to share their thoughts. Don't tippy-toe, you could be right! I've been wrong here before (and I'm not saying you are) and forgiveness comes quickly. Again... welcome! -Ben

Thanks for the welcome Ben. I hope I'm wrong, too, for tinpan's sake. An older, hand-forged doublebit would be much more exciting than a 1930s mass-produced one! Maybe someone will resolve this issue once and for all...maybe not. And it's not being wrong that bothers me (if I am wrong), it's the hostility that bothers me. I guess we'll have to wait and see if "forgiveness comes quickly." I've posted my apology and a further explanation. Will wait and see if anybody else (t & G) involved in this little misunderstanding is willing to bury the hatchet (I wonder if Aussies are familiar with that expression??!!) But as far as I'm concerned, this issue is old news and I'm moving on to greener pastures on this board. But again, thanks for taking the time to post a welcome! You're the first and only one to do so, if memory serves.

Upvote 0
hi treasuretal it was not my intent to offend but i do beg to differ on some points.first your first line quote "HANDFORGED ! ??? REALLY :-\ BASED ON WHAT ! that seems a little harsh for a reply and second i would take gypsy judgement on most things.new zealand made products are far different to those made in australia. one of the best examples is sheep shearing combs and equipment.that would go for most items including axes.i don,t remember making any statements about yanks or any other race or did i make any remarks in reguard to position on how long anyone had been on t.n these are your remarks.i would like to think you have totally miss judged me and i make no remarks of insult or of offence.i think we both have misunderstood each other. i,m sorry for jumping you back and we have a saying to FAIR GO

tinpan

Upvote 0
:D :D ::) Thanks for being so...so...so...unaccepting of my apology and attempts to clarify my original post. Frankly, it's time to move on and get over whatever it is that ticked you and gypsy off. Oh that's right...I had a different OPINION and that's apparently what caused the trouble. Shame on me. Well, never fear, I'll not post another comment on your thread. You can live your fantasies without any reality check from me. Tata :-* :-*

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:
:D :D ::) Thanks for being so...so...so...unaccepting of my apology and attempts to clarify my original post. Frankly, it's time to move on and get over whatever it is that ticked you and gypsy off. Oh that's right...I had a different OPINION and that's apparently what caused the trouble. Shame on me. Well, never fear, I'll not post another comment on your thread. You can live your fantasies without any reality check from me. Tata :-* :-*

Geez,....How did I get into this. What gave you the impression that I was ticked off.......So we disagree...big deal....I asked for your oppinion on why you thought it was an early model based on looking from a pic...I am sorry if that for any reason that gave you an impression that I was ticked. I cant for the life of me see how it did . We all have disagreements from time to time in this forum....but it doesnt mean any one is mad....I have been wrong on things before and will again I am sure ...its no biggy....
Your Quote:
Hand forged? Really? Based on what? I mean, this looks like a common doublebit that was used in logging operations. Here in Northern California an axe like that would have been mass-produced around 1930. I assume the same would be true for Australia.

There are great debates going on in this forum daily......and I have been involved in many of them...but to stop posting in a thread or avoid someone...well pretty soon you will be arguing with yourself....
But for everyone to get out of joint over a photo of a axe is just a little ...well nuts....we cant see it in person,hold it or examine it .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back