chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this brass piece in a place where I have found lots of CW relics, also modern trash in the same area. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455152944.264419.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455152966.896671.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455153000.834579.jpgI have no idea what it is. My first thought was maybe some type of tent rope tensioner. If anyone has any idea please post...thanks

that would be my guess, like for a tent

Upvote 0
There are similar wooden toggle buttons being sold today in the U.S. and elsewhere.
It would work on a heavy coat/cloak and other things .
Sorry I'm not real up on civil war stuff like that.
Seems worth hangin on to though!

Upvote 0
I have two tent rope tightening devices that I found thru the years ..... They do not resemble your item .... That doesn't mean there were not different designs , however .... You can google "civil war tent rope tensioners"..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have two tent rope tightening devices that I found thru the years ..... They do not resemble your item .... That doesn't mean there were not different designs , however .... You can google "civil war tent rope tensioners"..

Yea I agree probably not CW , I actually think most of them were made of wood.

Upvote 0
There are similar wooden toggle buttons being sold today in the U.S. and elsewhere.
It would work on a heavy coat/cloak and other things .
Sorry I'm not real up on civil war stuff like that.
Seems worth hangin on to though!

You are probably right, some kind of toggle button for who knows what. Thanks

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back