DaveC19

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Schaumburg, Il
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I just got the Deus today. I charged it up as the batteries were totally dead, hopefully that won't damage them, and hopefully this wasn't a real old stock item. Anyway I didn't have much time to get into it yet. I turned it on and waved it around a bit just to see if it worked. The thing was really noisy at the default settings, beeping like R2D2 at nothing it seems. I hope it isn't busted and it is just a matter of me not knowing what the hell I am doing yet. I looked through the manual but was pretty daunting right now.

Can someone recommend what pre set is good for finding coins in regular dirt (non mineralized) but not miss the good stuff?

I will have to learn all of the frequencies and other settings a bit at a time. I just want something I can select and dig something for now to test it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Basic One or Basic Two, they are the pre set programs, GB leave at 90 or set to "Tracking" - at least read the book on how to power up the machine, do it wrong and you'll go nuts.

Don't forget to add Ground Notch or else the machine will be overly chatty. I've set mine at 85-90 and it helps stabilize the audio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back