Antique Bell questions

prodigey

Aug 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently acquired this old bell. The wheel appears to be broken and uprights missing. I was wanting to restore it but literally know nothing about it. Was wondering if any could help be identify it ans point me in a direction. Thanks. Only thing visible to me are the words "no yoke" and the number 26. 20200829_123626.jpg

Attachments

• 20200829_123524.jpg
    20200829_123524.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
Very cool, looks like a church or school bell.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
I did a quick search, and you'll find some look-a-likes searching cast bronze school bells. Seems to be late 1800's, and I believe, from pictures I saw, it probably sat in a cradle. Also, I saw listings for $200 to $700. NO. 20 Yoke, I found a few. This looks like a NO. 24

bell-School-Ne111911-1178.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard prodigey! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 0
Love it! I bought one from Craigslist and had to have the lower cradle made.

Upvote 0
You could go off of the picture Kray Gelder provided to help with your restoration, if you can't find the actual parts you can get them reproduced.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back