Another Willy

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had some play time yesterday so I decided to go to my Willy site. Most of the coins that I'm finding the are William 111's with the three different issues. They all have the same thing in common. The strongest part of the coins seems to be on the obverse on the lower left where the ribbons are. We don't seen to get too many William 111's here in the U.S.. Now when I get them I just look for the ribbon on the obverse.
The two cent coins usually come out of the ground pretty decent. This one is in nice shape. I just need the Willys to come out like this!

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 43
  • willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 33
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 33
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 28
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 20
William III is one I would like to find. I have found a few George IIs and lots of IIIs but never one as early as a William. Maybe they didn't make it north to us with the immigrants from NJ. Or maybe the migration was too late (some happened mid 1700s but most in late 1700s. Mainly French settlers here before that.

I had some play time yesterday so I decided to go to my Willy site. Most of the coins that I'm finding the are William 111's with the three different issues. They all have the same thing in common. The strongest part of the coins seems to be on the obverse on the lower left where the ribbons are. We don't seen to get too many William 111's here in the U.S.. Now when I get them I just look for the ribbon on the obverse.
The two cent coins usually come out of the ground pretty decent. This one is in nice shape. I just need the Willys to come out like this!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

great saves and that 2 cent is a beauty, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back