53.6 KB · Views: 666
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 660
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 666
mojjax... dang, nuthin in Google that I could find. :-\

I look forward to the other reactions and I do not suggest smoking it even if Michelle thinks it's a great idea! :D :D

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:
Does it have a hole running through the middle? How heavy is it?
It weighs 2 pounds , no holes . It measures 5 1/4'' x 2 3/4'' x 2 1/4'' .

mojjax

Upvote 0
It's Obvious to me the Name is the Brick Company
that produced it, but, they are apparently too old
and were very small, that I can't find any historical info
on them in the internet.

May be Cres, Cress or Crest

Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Did you taste it? :D

DCMatt
I don't think I'm gonna taste this one . I did take another slice off it - I held it with tweezers and lit it on fire - it burns pretty good , the smoke smells horrible .

mojjax

Upvote 0
mojjax said:
DCMatt said:

DCMatt
I don't think I'm gonna taste this one . I did take another slice off it - I held it with tweezers and lit it on fire - it burns pretty good , the smoke smells horrible .

mojjax

Not a Bick if it Burns.

Hummm :-\ Now ya Got Me stumped :P

Upvote 0
Is it from the same farm as the other mystery brick? About the same weight?

If so, I say it's the same thing:

A weight for squeezing curd.

brickch.jpg

Covers are placed in the hoops and a brick on top provides the weight to press the curds into approximately 3 pound pieces.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
mojjax said:
It says STAR-CRES SPRINGFIELD , MASS . I'm thinking there might be a 'T' missing from the end of CRES . I sliced a piece off the corner - thinking it might be soap , but the chunk just crumbled when I tried to wash my hands with it - no suds . The razor blade sliced through it easily . Maybe it's just another piece of petrified CHEESE !

mojjax
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D : Good Grief Mojjax We just gotta love ya.......whatever you do DONT TASTE THIS ONE.... :D :D

Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
mojjax said:
DCMatt said:

DCMatt

mojjax

Not a Bick if it Burns.

Hummm :-\ Now ya Got Me stumped :P
Oh my sides hurt...... :D :D :D :D Compressed cow/horse dung used as an experimental brick.....

Upvote 0
Salt Brick?

They make mineral salt blocks in brick sizes for convenience. Those big field blocks weight almost fifty pounds.

It's tough for the 'little woman' to haul the big blocks around.

Is the texture of your 'slice' granular? Of couse, I have no idea if the mineral block would burn, but salt I think tends to just melt...........

So much for my guess.

Upvote 0
bILLKY That avatar looks like George Burns...May he rest in peace...

Upvote 0
Re: Salt Brick?

billKY said:
They make mineral salt blocks in brick sizes for convenience. Those big field blocks weight almost fifty pounds.

It's tough for the 'little woman' to haul the big blocks around.

Is the texture of your 'slice' granular? Of couse, I have no idea if the mineral block would burn, but salt I think tends to just melt...........

So much for my guess.
Yes , it is granular . It slices easily with a razor - and it crumbles easily . When I did the burn test , it gets soft before it ignites .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back