Another odd find without a clue about it ?

csa1865

Jun 1, 2017
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_9650.JPG100_9653.JPG100_9652.JPGThis is another item I have that would love to have any info about it . How Old ? I have owned it about 25 years or longer . It is about 3 inches tall . Its head tilts back to open it . The head does not lock or anything tho . :headbang:He does have a long pipe in his hand . I think it may be a very old Opium container . So with that , what ya think ?
Can anybody tell me how I can add a profile picture or do I have to be a member for so long ?

Victorian era PEZ dispenser. LOL Could be Opium or possibly snuff container. Don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Go to the setting tab at top of page and it will let you do profile pictures and signatures etc.

Upvote 0
Interesting. My first thought is an inkwell.

Upvote 0
I found an opium pipe from 1895 ish made of copper thet could be a opium holder is there any color on the inside blackish

Upvote 0
At least we are keeping this one close to the top during the A2 onslaught.

Upvote 0
Does your figure have a hollow interiour that follows the conture if the outside?
Opium is a tar like substance. They wouldn't store it in something that they couldn't get every little bit out of.
I would say it is an ink well from a desk set.

Upvote 0
I know this is an older thread- but I'm new here and have a thread asking for help so I thought maybe I could try to help others with my knowledge. My passion is for Chinese opium paraphernalia.

I'm sorry to report, your item was not for opium. The opening is too small and would cause a struggle to get the thick tar-like opium paste out. True opium storage containers were always lined with copper as they believed anything else would taint the taste of Chandu (smoking opium). Plus, he's holding a tobacco pipe.

It certainly is interesting- it's too small to be an inkwell. If It had a latch, I'd peg it as a snuff container with a missing spoon. But sadly, I'm stumped on what your item is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back