Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
December 21, 2016....Hunt #8 at same park in Baltimore this month....Streak continues with solitary Indian!

Yes, got back to this park after some sub-freezing days and a rainy weekend. Only one coin today and it's an Indian Head cent 1904; making the total 15 for December.

Other finds included a vintage lady's pin, arc amp electrode, screw and bolt, and a silvered piece with the words "SILVER TACK" printed on it.

Gridded out the north side of the walkway today and worked the ground going toward and away from the walkway.

Maybe back for a few hours Thursday to see if I can find more Indians.

Finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
That Indian head is very nice.

Nice job on the IH cent! :occasion14:

Once again you have a smooth, well detailed green Indian. We have seen over a dozen of these from you this month!

Well...I'm not impressed. You made it look too easy. It took me a whole year to get that many, and mine look like this!

Congrats and all the best to you for the holidays!

Attachments

• Ouch.jpg
    Ouch.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Once again you have a smooth, well detailed green Indian. We have seen over a dozen of these from you this month!

Well...I'm not impressed. You made it look too easy. It took me a whole year to get that many, and mine look like this!

Congrats and all the best to you for the holidays!

McDig, congrats on your success, always interesting finds and great pix. No worries over Tom's green eyes, he really wishes you the best of luck. I have often wondered when I would be hearing from him about his new move to the north east. I have seen him and the silver mafia on the road hunting across America and did have the pleasure to get in trouble with them all. Tom, there has to be some old, old, old, farms near you, try some soybean fields. A few years back I was in a different part of your state muzzleloader hunting. At the time I was fixated on only hunting yards. Some of the farm home were 1700's, I'd bet any amount of money there are great finds in those fields surrounding those homes?

Treblehunter, great to hear from you. I appreciate the camaraderie hear at TreasureNet and to hear you've done some diggin' with the Mafia!

Hey Tom, thought I'd seen a toasty Injun but that "takes the cake"! I suppose in some crazy way it is too easy here, not that I don't have to work for these green redskins.

Thanks Tom! Always a great reward to find a coin in good condition, and the Indians retain their detail in this soil.

Thanks Trezurehunter! The Indians are the reward of hours of careful listening and many dug square nails. As our Club President said today, "the Indians are getting harder to find in this park".

Thanks Professor! As you can see from this post and the last, it appears that the days of multiple Indians here is no longer the norm. You'll note that there is very little, if any, clad that comes from this site.

Thank you Art! This has become a quest for me. I know it will end, but it's a real challenge to keep gridding the area to produce.

Thanks vpnavy! There were about five other detectorists that were in eyesight here today as I tried to extend the streak. Look for my post later this evening.

Thanks Steve! I got back out there today to try for 9 hunts in a row.

Thanks ATW! Honestly, I feel like this streak is hanging on "by a thread". Next time out will be hunt #10. I want to start early and take my time. As you can imagine, I'm digging anything that sounds halfway decent, so I'm getting foil, hot rocks, deep iron and arc lamp electrode pieces, and the occassional pull tab as "trash" targets.

You are an Indian killer McCDig. :hello2: Congrats on pulling another and keeping the streak alive. :occasion14: Remind me to never hunt behind you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back