Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to where Conito@55 and I have been finding Barber coins. No coins today, unfortunately, but he found a nice token from Nevada, Missouri of all places!
Nice day out hunting nonetheless.

First up are buttons and clothing hardware.
IMG_7756.JPG
IMG_7757.JPG

Next is a .41 rimfire round, a Winchester .22 WRF round, some kind of product tag from Mattatuck mfg. co. of Waterbury, Conn., and a whatzit.
IMG_7758.JPG

And finally, a little tiny railroad spike.
IMG_7755.JPG

Always fun to get out there with my friend!

Upvote 26
Went back to where Conito@55 and I have been finding Barber coins. No coins today, unfortunately, but he found a nice token from Nevada, Missouri of all places!

View attachment 2169188View attachment 2169189

Next is a .41 rimfire round, a Winchester .22 WRF round, some kind of product tag from Mattatuck mfg. co. of Waterbury, Conn., and a whatzit.
View attachment 2169191

View attachment 2169192

Good Ol’ Nevada Mo.🤣 Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Some history:
In 1886 Mr. Henry L. Wade organized the Mattatuck Manufacturing Company on the corner of Southmayd Road & East Main Street in Waterbury. For nearly 100 years they were a leader in producing brass & wire goods such as upholstery nails, spring bed fabrics, wire forms and screw machine products. They had several patents for handcuff and leg iron restraints which were widely used by police and law enforcement agencies through out the world and were often utilized by the great illusionist Harry Houdini in his handcuff, escape acts. During World War II they switch from manufacturing upholstery nails to cartridge clips for the commonly used Springfield rifle producing as many as 3 million clips a week and employed over 500 employees.
Source: https://minnick.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/679/History_and_Future_383649.html
Don in SoCal
PS: The name Mattatuck was given to the area by the original settlers in the 1600s.
Source: Page five of this report: https://nvcogct.gov/wp-content/uplo...Plan-of-Conservation-and-Development-2008.pdf

View attachment 2169191

View attachment 2169192

cool recoveries all around, thanks for posting. Nevada MO is about and hour and a half south of me, and I've actually done some swinging there 😊

View attachment 2169191

View attachment 2169192

It was a good day, but we need to keep pushing in that place, I know there are more things waiting for us.

It was a good day, but we need to keep pushing in that place, I know there are more things waiting for us.
We need a big magnet to gather up all of those nails! 🧲

Congratulations on all the cool finds! Thanks for sharing with us.

VERY NICE FINDS thanks for sharing with us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back