An Oregon Geezer Says "Howdy!"

Trapper John

Dec 29, 2014
St Helens, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I'm old, I'm grumpy, and I'm retired. And if I don't get off my butt and do something I'm gonna croak. I've been thinking of detecting for some time (as in years) but now Mr Arthur Itis and a few other things have grabbed me. My balance is quaky so I can't hunt or wade in fast water to fly fish and walking around the block is as interesting to me as shoveling snow or mowing the lawn. So, detecting I will go.

I hope to walk daily along the banks of the Columbia River and Multnomah Channel here in St Helens. I will most likely get a Garrett AT Pro because it's water-proof and we get 48 inches of rain a year - most of it between October and May - and I don't plan on sitting around all winter. The AT Pro may be overkill for a newbie but if I'm gonna walk I don't plan on second-guessing myself for starting out "lite."

One thing that does concern me is bending and dropping down to kneel frequently A lightweight walking stick, a small collapsible stool, plenty of Advil, and a drop or two of scotch in the evening may help. In any case I look forward to meeting some of you, learning from many of you, and sharing whatever I can.

Welcome, John.
All the best,
Jim

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Wel-come to the forum ... :thumbsup:

Greetings and welcome to the forums!!

Yep, I'm old, I'm grumpy, and I'm retired. And if I don't get off my butt and do something I'm gonna croak. I've been thinking of detecting for some time (as in years) but now Mr Arthur Itis and a few other things have grabbed me. My balance is quaky so I can't hunt or wade in fast water to fly fish and walking around the block is as interesting to me as shoveling snow or mowing the lawn. So, detecting I will go.

I hope to walk daily along the banks of the Columbia River and Multnomah Channel here in St Helens. I will most likely get a Garrett AT Pro because it's water-proof and we get 48 inches of rain a year - most of it between October and May - and I don't plan on sitting around all winter. The AT Pro may be overkill for a newbie but if I'm gonna walk I don't plan on second-guessing myself for starting out "lite."

One thing that does concern me is bending and dropping down to kneel frequently A lightweight walking stick, a small collapsible stool, plenty of Advil, and a drop or two of scotch in the evening may help. In any case I look forward to meeting some of you, learning from many of you, and sharing whatever I can.

Welcome!! Did you mention a drop or two of scotch?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. The AT Pro is an excellent machine for someone new to detecting. Enjoy the machine and learn the tones!

Happy Hunting 2015

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back