AN 8 SILVER DAY WITH A BARBER HALF !!!!!

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THE DAY STARTED AT THE OLD FARM LOOKING FOR THOSE SWEET OLD COPPAS. I HAD MY 2 WAY RADIOS WITH ME. I GAVE ONE TO VPONE, AND I HAD THE OTHER. I DROPPED VP OFF AT ONE END OF THE FARM AND I DROVE TO ANOTHER PART. OUR GOAL WAS TO HOPEFULLY FIND ANOTHER HOTSPOT BEFORE THE PLOWS HIT THE DIRT, AND FIND A HOTSPOT I DID, BUT NOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.
I WAS IN AN AREA WHERE IT WAS ALL GRASS AND THE PLOWS NEVER HIT, RIGHT NEXT TO A STREAM. THIS IS WHERE ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. MY FIRST TARGET HIT A 91 VDI. I DUG OUT THE PLUG AND OUT POPS THIS LARGE SILVER BARBER HALF. I SAID SH&T, AND LIKE ANY GOOD DETECTORIST I RECHECKED MY HOLE AND GOT A DIME READING. ALRIGHT, ITS GOT TO BE A BARBER. BUT NO !!!I IT WAS A LOUSY MERC IN THE SAME HOLE. ( 1920 ). I SOON CALLED FOR VPONE ON THE RADIO. HE SAID NO WAY DUDE. THATS INCREDIBLE. HE TOLD ME TO KEEP HITTING THE AREA BEING HE WAS SO FAR AWAY. WELL HIT IT I DID. MY NEXT TARGET WAS A POCKET SPILL WITH 2 QUARTERS AND A ROSIE IN THE SAME HOLE. WELL THE REST IS HISTORY, WITH A TOTAL OF 8 SILVERS AND 2 NICE BUTTONS FOR THE DAY. NO LARGE COPPAS THOUGH........
PACO...............

Attachments

• rob-silverday.jpg
    rob-silverday.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,627
Upvote 0
zoyboy said:
Paco, great day, man! I also got a silver 1958 roosevelt dime today. It troubled me, because it was found in the area of the coppas and ancient buttons.

Keep the fever high, dude!

Kyle
THANKS ZOYBOY, OK DUDE, I KNOW YOUR ROSIE WASN`T WORTH POSTING. WHAT A BITCH FOR YOU AND ME, CUZ THE SILVER WE FOUND, FOR SUCH THE ANCIENT PLACES WE HUNT.............PACO

Captn_SE said:
Now that's my kind of Day!!!! :blob8:

Way to go Paco!! Don't you just love those multiple pocket spills.

Great looking Barber Half, my friend! Hope you find another pocket spill!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
THANKS CAPTAIN...YEA, THOSE POCKET SPILLS ARE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT...... I KIND OF FELT LIKE YOU A LITTLE TODAY WITH ALL THAT SILVER.........PACO

Sweet! Nice finds! :thumbsup:

Mirage said:
Sweet. I would trade a large copper for those finds. :wink: :) Those Barber Halves are awesome. I would love to find another. :icon_sunny:

Bob
THANKS PAL, THE LARGE COPPAS ARE NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT ALSO. BUT FOR TODAY . I`LL TAKE THE SILVER................PACO

Man alive Paco, you hit the silver mother lode! Congrats on your 8 silver day :thumbsup:

Nat

old coppers are cool but ill take the old silver over em any day of the week! nice half! * the other ones are pretty cool too! :wink:)

WTG Paco nice finds.I like this Barber Half.

Beautiful find's Paco....I think I have to switch gear's here (sort of,love the CW stuff).Excellent job on the Half.....Glad you got out,awesome recovery's!!

PACO said:
zoyboy said:
Paco, great day, man! I also got a silver 1958 roosevelt dime today. It troubled me, because it was found in the area of the coppas and ancient buttons.

Keep the fever high, dude!

Kyle
THANKS ZOYBOY, OK DUDE, I KNOW YOUR ROSIE WASN`T WORTH POSTING. WHAT A BITCH FOR YOU AND ME, CUZ THE SILVER WE FOUND, FOR SUCH THE ANCIENT PLACES WE HUNT.............PACO

Yeah, Paco, we always find the rosies at Colonial sites, and Colonial silver in areas where rosies are being found. :icon_sunny: :D

Kyle

Natman said:
Man alive Paco, you hit the silver mother lode! Congrats on your 8 silver day :thumbsup:

Nat
THANKS NATMAN.........IT FELT GREAT.......PACO

hollowpointred said:
old coppers are cool but ill take the old silver over em any day of the week! nice half! * the other ones are pretty cool too! :wink:)
THANKS HOLLOWPOINTRED, YEA, IT IS TRUE, THE OLD SILVER IS GREAT LOOKING WHEN IT COMES OUT OF THE GROUND. I LOVE THE COPPAS TOO. I`LL TAKE IT ALL.........PACO

The other seven would have made a great day for me, but adding that Barber to the mix...fabulous!

Wow thats a lot of silver! Really nice Barber Half dollar! :) :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back