Ammo from toy cannon??????

Leeann38

Jun 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while digging in my yard. Could it be from a toy cannon maybe. In one of my previous posts I found a wheel and someone said that could be from a toy cannon. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468933212.899871.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468933228.683751.jpg

Hi Leeann, the cast iron wheels were used on many toys. Cannons were maybe the least, they made all kinds of cast iron wagons, fire engines, and other pull toys all using the same or similar wheels, so finding a wheel is finding something you know what it is but not what it came from. There were different companies making these cast iron toys and naturally they would use the same wheel on different toys if the wheels suited the job. There are new replacement cast iron wheels made these days to repair old toys but getting a proper match is difficult.

Yeah I'm finding that out. I haven't been able to find any markings on it but haven't look really well yet. I really want to though. Guess it's the thrill of just finding something so old in the dirt.

Upvote 0
Well I never shot my eye out, but I remember shooting all kinds of stuff from home made cannons. Anyone remember taking beer cans cutting the bottoms and top off, then taping them together to make a launcher? Stuff a tennis ball in the "barrel", squirt a bunch of lighter fluid in the other end and the light it.

Loud BOOM, tennis ball went ballistic. It's a wonder we didn't get killed with shrapnel when one of the cans exploded.

Or live animals for such? Lets just say earthworms will not survive a multi G launch from a rocket.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back