gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It finally happened... the thing every detectorist wants to find... my first gold coin!!

Last hunt of the year, and I was digging a Civil War site here in northern Virginia with my trusty GPX. I found a couple of bullets in the morning, but it wasn't till after lunch that I found a small button. I texted my best diggin friends, who rightfully gave me flak about not digging enough high tones LOL! So just a minute or two later when I got a beautiful strong high tone, of course I had to see what it was.

I flipped the dirt out of the hole - and there it was, right on top, shining in the sun. A beautiful 1856 one dollar gold coin. Yahoo!!

Of course I scoured the area after that, and got out a bunch of small melted lead and some 22 bullets, but no more coins. Not that I'm complaining, digging a gold coin from the American Civil War is a lifetime bucket-lister.

What a way to end the year!! I know I don't post regularly like I used to on this site, but I felt like this time I wanted to come back and share it with y'all. They are still out there folks!!

Attachments

• KIMG1121~2.JPG
    KIMG1121~2.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 99,566
  • KIMG1126~2.JPG
    KIMG1126~2.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 366
  • KIMG1120.JPG
    KIMG1120.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 457
  • KIMG1167~3.JPG
    KIMG1167~3.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 482
  • KIMG1169~2.JPG
    KIMG1169~2.JPG
    691 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 110

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great FIND :) I VOTE BANNER !!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It finally happened... the thing every detectorist wants to find... my first gold coin!!

Last hunt of the year, and I was digging a Civil War site here in northern Virginia with my trusty GPX. I found a couple of bullets in the morning, but it wasn't till after lunch that I found a small button. I texted my best diggin friends, who rightfully gave me flak about not digging enough high tones LOL! So just a minute or two later when I got a beautiful strong high tone, of course I had to see what it was.

I flipped the dirt out of the hole - and there it was, right on top, shining in the sun. A beautiful 1856 one dollar gold coin. Yahoo!!

Of course I scoured the area after that, and got out a bunch of small melted lead and some 22 bullets, but no more coins. Not that I'm complaining, digging a gold coin from the American Civil War is a lifetime bucket-lister.

What a way to end the year!! I know I don't post regularly like I used to on this site, but I felt like this time I wanted to come back and share it with y'all. They are still out there folks!!
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A warm congratulations to you! What an incredible find. That is something to treasure for the rest of your life. Still searching for my first gold coin; hopefully I'm next. What a way to end 2023!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow!! Banner vote from me. Congrats

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Banner... all day long in my book... excellent ... well done and congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions