Amazing variety

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m amazed at the variety of things you can find to sell. I hit two thrift shops today and got jewelry as usual, but I’m expanding to pretty much everything so I tried to give everything interesting a once over. Came out with 12 Atlantis Crystal goblets for a quarter each (hope to get $300 for the set - theyre going 25-40 each); a japanese “Hakata” doll by a famous maker (hope to get at least $30); a museum reproduction of a colima parrot INAH (most are listed $200 plus but the last one to sell went for $77); an old sony walkman in the original box (could sell for like $300!). Plus more flatware (bread n butter for me) and a couple of things I need to figure out what they are lol

A lot of these things I would not have given a second look but I really dug around this time and used my phone (which is kind of awkward). So between this stuff and a calculator and a poster I got last week I’m thinking wtf else am I missing that I don’t know anything about.

So I think we should have a school for pickers where you can do a semester on glass, a seminar on porcelain, etc.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649747.147167.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649757.925046.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649784.482292.jpg

My advice would be to focus on a few areas. Then again I have a lot of sales in my area where I can have the focus. Places where you have few sales you pretty much have to mine the few sales you have for bargains.

Nice! I also need to branch out. Question on the stemware: was it marked? 9 out 10 that I pickup seem to be crystal, but never any IDing marks, so I always pass. Maybe I should just start picking them up at 99 cents each and doing lots..

Nice! I also need to branch out. Question on the stemware: was it marked? 9 out 10 that I pickup seem to be crystal, but never any IDing marks, so I always pass. Maybe I should just start picking them up at 99 cents each and doing lots..

Out of the 12 only 3 were marked. If I had not seen the marks I would not have bought them. It’s too hard for me to identify it otherwise. That’s why we need a school!

I have to give everything a look where I live, at least in the winter. Small town with 3 thrift stores, no yard sales for 5-6 months of the year, and no estate auctions from about Nov. thru Feb. I love it though. You learn so much looking at everything.

Got these for $1.00 each in north jersey thrift. Had to google them but def worth it. I put them on Amazon and Ebay and already got a $45 offer lol. Uline charges $70 a piece and I’m only asking $60 for both, so sticking to it for a few days. Another crazy thing I’d never think to buy. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518726465.635712.jpg

My advice would be to focus on a few areas. Then again I have a lot of sales in my area where I can have the focus. Places where you have few sales you pretty much have to mine the few sales you have for bargains.

I pretty much can only go at lunch and a little bit on saturday so I figure I’ll keep jewelry as the focus and then try to learn least a little about everything.

I've been thinking about trying to get into crystal. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with it?

Get into it!

Just sold waterford glasses (2) for $75

Very interesting finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back