TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically me and my partner go hunting on Saturday or Sunday, and last week we went out hunting some abandoned lots that used to have houses on them, after aimlessly wandering around and getting almost Nothing... (he got 2 quarters a dime and 2 pennies) I got a solid but low tone in the back yard of where a house had been.... I dug it just because I wasn't getting many signals... and a BIG MENS class ring pops out....
Fast forward to this week and my partner can't go, so I head over to another house I saw that they had taken out near me...
the FIrst picture is what I got there... including a Mercury Dime, a Rosie dime a little bit of pocket change AND another class ring... (first ring picture)
Todays ring says 1943 Hickory Grove High School, stamped 10K but no initials at all ...
Last weeks ring was 1961 East Mecklenburg High School with initials of J. C. C. but no name...
calling all you slouthes out there to try to locate someone with those initials from that year of graduation..

Anyway I don't think I've dug 10 class rings in the 30 years I've been hunting, and now I've got 2 in one week !!

Attachments

• IMG_9463.JPEG
    IMG_9463.JPEG
    190.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9461.JPEG
    IMG_9461.JPEG
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9459.JPEG
    IMG_9459.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9460.JPEG
    IMG_9460.JPEG
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9377.JPEG
    IMG_9377.JPEG
    350.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9378.JPEG
    IMG_9378.JPEG
    350.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9379.JPEG
    IMG_9379.JPEG
    324.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9381.JPEG
    IMG_9381.JPEG
    368 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9384.JPEG
    IMG_9384.JPEG
    994.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9388.JPEG
    IMG_9388.JPEG
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9390.JPEG
    IMG_9390.JPEG
    427.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9392.JPEG
    IMG_9392.JPEG
    481.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9393.JPEG
    IMG_9393.JPEG
    388 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 23
Here's a website for "Class of 1961 East Mecklenburg High School", it appears to have a complete list of all senior students but some of them it seems haven't registered/created a profile on the website, there are no females that I saw but there are 4 male possibilities for "J. C. C." but the middle name/initial isn't listed for any of the 4, of the 4 only one is registered/created a profile on the website but his profile can only be viewed by other students that have registered on the website.

This appears to be the 1961 yearbook.

Last edited:
Outstanding Achievement
Congratulations on your success

Thanks for the interesting post. This is kind of weird, but I have just dug my 2nd class ring in 8 days. That make 30 for me in my 22 years of detecting. I have been able to return 19 so far and the 2 I just found look like the returns are very possible.

I find the yearbooks on line and they usually list first middle and last names. That helps me narrow down the search and then I start googling, names, newspaper archives and any other sources I can think of to get info on the person to see where they ended up.

Good luck with your search and congratulations on the good finds. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Thanks for the interesting post. This is kind of weird, but I have just dug my 2nd class ring in 8 days. That make 30 for me in my 22 years of detecting. I have been able to return 19 so far and the 2 I just found look like the returns are very possible.

I find the yearbooks on line and they usually list first middle and last names. That helps me narrow down the search and then I start googling, names, newspaper archives and any other sources I can think of to get info on the person to see where they ended up.

Good luck with your search and congratulations on the good finds. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
The only drawback here is that these are initials and not names, some of the others actually had Names in them.

Luck is more like it, that Ring with the Initials was really the ONLY good target I got in all three lots of those house sites, (that and 2 pennies and a few scraps of trash)
CLEARLY one of you guys have already bogarted THAT place 🤣:laughing7:
Who was it ?
any confessions :dontknow::laughing7:

The only drawback here is that these are initials and not names, some of the others actually had Names in them.
That second broken ring has no markings accept the gold and Manufacturers mark.

Congratulations to you too, they are hard to find, I've probably dug closer to 100 gold rings (including these) but Class Rings are elusive....

Basically me and my partner go hunting on Saturday or Sunday, and last week we went out hunting some abandoned lots that used to have houses on them, after aimlessly wandering around and getting almost Nothing... (he got 2 quarters a dime and 2 pennies) I got a solid but low tone in the back yard of where a house had been.... I dug it just because I wasn't getting many signals... and a BIG MENS class ring pops out....
Fast forward to this week and my partner can't go, so I head over to another house I saw that they had taken out near me...
the FIrst picture is what I got there... including a Mercury Dime, a Rosie dime a little bit of pocket change AND another class ring... (first ring picture)
Todays ring says 1943 Hickory Grove High School, stamped 10K but no initials at all ...
Last weeks ring was 1961 East Mecklenburg High School with initials of J. C. C. but no name...
calling all you slouthes out there to try to locate someone with those initials from that year of graduation..

Anyway I don't think I've dug 10 class rings in the 30 years I've been hunting, and now I've got 2 in one week !!
way to go Torrero, those class rings are awesome. I like all the other silver too, well done and looks like a ton of fun

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back