Almost whole Blobtop 1880s Soda

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only got out only a little this weekend at a site my friend and I detect sometimes. I've hit it hard detecting the last 3 years and it's been good to me. Good to him on arrow heads. This time just scrap copper for me but in the process of getting some copper wire out of the bank I noticed a bottle partly exposed. 1st photo was after I started digging it out.

Just can't seem to find Trenton, NJ blob tops whole. I have an almost whole George Ritmann 444 South Broad Street and an amber S. Walter Trenton NJ blob top. This one is a John Schroth. He was a bottler in Trenton NJ and a state senator. He died in 1905. E.L. Kerns was employed by John Schroth's bottling operation before going out on his own in 1889 and forming Kerns and Myer at 122 rose street Trenton, NJ. I don't have a good time line Mr. Schroth's bottling operation yet. In an article about his son it mentions John schroth as a "sarsaparilla bottler"

Attachments

• Resized_20240616_155446.jpeg
    Resized_20240616_155446.jpeg
    851.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20240616_181331_512.jpg
    IMG_20240616_181331_512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Upvote 7
Only got out only a little this weekend at a site my friend and I detect sometimes. I've hit it hard detecting the last 3 years and it's been good to me. Good to him on arrow heads. This time just scrap copper for me but in the process of getting some copper wire out of the bank I noticed a bottle partly exposed. 1st photo was after I started digging it out.

Just can't seem to find Trenton, NJ blob tops whole. I have an almost whole George Ritmann 444 South Broad Street and an amber S. Walter Trenton NJ blob top. This one is a John Schroth. He was a bottler in Trenton NJ and a state senator. He died in 1905. E.L. Kerns was employed by John Schroth's bottling operation before going out on his own in 1889 and forming Kerns and Myer at 122 rose street Trenton, NJ. I don't have a good time line Mr. Schroth's bottling operation yet. In an article about his son it mentions John schroth as a "sarsaparilla bottler"
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back