Alabama, where we metal detect year round, except...

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
This year. :-\

I've lived here for 8 years and have never seen the pond freeze solid. We're getting a few flurries also. Ice is everywhere you look. The creek down the road is also froze solid. I will try and get some pics of it later.

On the bright side, supposed to get back in the high 40's-low 50's next week. :icon_sunny:

Good Luck and stay warm
Randy

Attachments

• pond1.JPG
    pond1.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 506
  • pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 536
Luckily you don't get it like 'the northerners', & it soon warms up.
We usually have mild winters, but this year is 'definately different', it must be that 'darn Global Warming'. :icon_sunny:
Where did you live before coming there?

Fossis.............

fossis said:
Luckily you don't get it like 'the northerners', & it soon warms up.
We usually have mild winters, but this year is 'definately different', it must be that 'darn Global Warming'. :icon_sunny:
Where did you live before coming there?

Fossis.............

Hi Fossis, mild is a wonderful word weatherwise. :D Everything is looking up though. :thumbsup:

I've lived in midwest Alabama for about ten years now. Before that I lived in LA (lower Alabama). Even milder down there. :icon_sunny:

Looks like the wife & I left Alabama in the nick of time!

It ain't global warming; merely a blip in the weather pattern we get from time to time. Global warming is yet to come, but we'll see. It's up in the 20's here at 10,000 feet, and since I been here a while that's almost T-shirt weather. My great-grandpa was born in northern Alabama. Maybe some day I'll go there, but I'll wait til it warms back up.

Lower LA. I love that saying around here. Yeah whats up with this cold weather? I am seeing a lot of ice on the rivers as well. Going to be hard to get a boat in.
Stay warm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back