Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After reading about Aqua's cartridge plate, I almost don't want to post this

Just a silver ring from a local park, but it's my second silver ring for the year, third silver ring ever.

ring.jpg

Also found this, not totally sure what it is, but thought it was cool. Google thinks it's off some sort of heater, or boiler.

20140513_223131.jpg

Upvote 11
The "T" at the end of heet is a tower crane I believe, so that gives you an avenue you can research.

Last edited:
haha...like the title.

Rings are always nice to find..only got 2 myself.

Congrats

Don't ever be afraid to post a good find. Aqua is having a GREAT run. You've had a couple banner finds yourself. It's just his year.

Aqua lives in an area that's as old as it gets, has a good river to hunt, and plenty of fields too.. and unlike most great places to dig in the US his area hasn't been hit for 40 years - probably not even that much detecting in general. So it would be hard for most to keep up with his old finds, and your best bet might be to put that ring on his finger and move to NS. :laughing7:

Nice ring. Congrats.

Don't ever be afraid to post a good find. Aqua is having a GREAT run. You've had a couple banner finds yourself. It's just his year.

Yeah, I had my great year last year. Funny thing is, I predicted last year that I would never again find anything to match last year. Looks like this year isn't letting me forget my words haha :laughing7:

Aqua lives in an area that's as old as it gets, has a good river to hunt, and plenty of fields too.. and unlike most great places to dig in the US his area hasn't been hit for 40 years - probably not even that much detecting in general. So it would be hard for most to keep up with his old finds, and your best bet might be to put that ring on his finger and move to NS. :laughing7:

Well I'm a guy, and I'm not gay, but I was thinking of asking him if there are any houses for sale on his street :occasion14: I have some similar history in this area too, and I hit some of it last year with my banner finds. I will always envy those who dig the Revolutionary and Civil War militaria because for all that I have the history I can't seem to tap into it. Either the area is protected or developed or the residents are dicks.

Actually, the apartment complex I live in was a farm back in the day. In its early history there is an account of one owner's child remembering that the farm was overrun by about 600 Continental Army soldiers retreating from the Battle of Germantown on their way north. Sadly, most of the area has been developed into this complex so artifacts are probably long gone...

Nice silver ring! I'm still looking for one this year!
You have to forgive AQUA he is sick, he has Banner fever! It's ok he will get over it shortly, when you find your own Banner find! It seems to be going around lately! :laughing7:

Nice silver ring! I'm still looking for one this year!
You have to forgive AQUA he is sick, he has Banner fever! It's ok he will get over it shortly, when you find your own Banner find! It seems to be going around lately! :laughing7:

I caught it last year, but never vaccinated. I can only hope for a recurrence this year :)

it takes all kinds and nothing wrong with your rings! Like IP says, it doesn't get much older than it does in Aqua's part of town...we have to hunt what we enjoy and within our means... good job

tsk tsk tsk. you've been taught better than this grasshopper. ;) LOL

EVERY treasure is worthy! Lovely ring!

Any ring is a good ring

haha...I like rings but it must be a girl slipping it on my finger !!

but --yes... I,m very fortunate to be detecting in this particular area......great potential at every turn.

Although I think I,m hunting some of romeo-1s leftovers.:tongue3:

haha...I like rings but it must be a girl slipping it on my finger !!

but --yes... I,m very fortunate to be detecting in this particular area......great potential at every turn.

Although I think I,m hunting some of romeo-1s leftovers.:tongue3:

Judging by the type of the site that very well may be true because not many people stick around somewhere digging a lot of modern trash. Quite a few years back a friend from NB was struggling to find more signals at their site so he walked in the ditch which was right off the highway. He dug a pop can, then a license plate, and than another pop can, and most people would have given up by that point, but the 4th target which wouldn't have sounded a whole lot different than the first three, ended up being a beautiful belt plate.

I remember that story from years ago and if you're in an old area, you have to dig everything!

Judging by the type of the site that very well may be true because not many people stick around somewhere digging a lot of modern trash. Quite a few years back a friend from NB was struggling to find more signals at their site so he walked in the ditch which was right off the highway. He dug a pop can, then a license plate, and than another pop can, and most people would have given up by that point, but the 4th target which wouldn't have sounded a whole lot different than the first three, ended up being a beautiful belt plate.

I think you may be right IP... there is a lot of modern junk there....tin cans etc. I can see why someone would give up on the site after an hour....but to clear that site of all signals...wow..I,ll be an old man !!!!

If I hadn,t went into high DISCRIM mode I never woulda found it prolly.

The blackflies are getting really bad in that area now also but I,m definitely going back again sometime his week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back