Advice please!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Have recently acquired access to a 60+ acre property. I am the only detector it's allowed on the property. The property owners have put up no trespassing signs and fenced off multiple areas on the property... But it hasn't kept other relic hunters out. I have spoken with the property owners about it but it is a wooded area that they will not put up cameras for in fear of someone stealing or vandalizing them. Any advice to keep them out?

Upvote 2
I knew a guy who wanted to put up gun towers with search lights... LOL! The funny part was only on 1/2 acre in a town..... The guy was serious he went before the city and everything.... He was a pist off guy!

Thanks guys. Unfortunately it is illegal to blow people up. I like the sign idea but there are so many already there that I don't think they would see all of them.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately it is illegal to blow people up. I like the sign idea but there are so many already there that I don't think they would see all of them.

How about a sign that says beware of land mines? LOL ;)

Since you say all you been finding is shell fragments the landmine and claymore idea has been tried before. It should work again.LOL

That. Would. Be. Awesome...

It's not exactly my idea though. I had a friend who owned some land and was being pestered by some hunters. He actually made up a sign that said, "Beware of Land Mines!"
He nailed it to a tree in the middle of his property. Nestled in a little canyon like depression and isolated from just about everywhere.

Somebody actually swore out a complaint and the police were brought in, the owner, the cop, and the complainant walked in to show the cop this dangerous place!

Once they got there, the cop looked at the owner and said, "Do you wish to press charges?" (with a smile)

Then, before the complainer could say anything the cop asked him, "How did you know this sign was here, sir?"

No answer.

LOL

It's not exactly my idea though. I had a friend who owned some land and was being pestered by some hunters. He actually made up a sign that said, "Beware of Land Mines!" He nailed it to a tree in the middle of his property. Nestled in a little canyon like depression and isolated from just about everywhere. Somebody actually swore out a complaint and the police were brought in, the owner, the cop, and the complainant walked in to show the cop this dangerous place! Once they got there, the cop looked at the owner and said, "Do you wish to press charges?" (with a smile) Then, before the complainer could say anything the cop asked him, "How did you know this sign was here, sir?" No answer. LOL
That's hilarious. I would have loved to see the look on that guys face. Priceless.

The game cameras are a good idea………
Seems you are in a difficult spot, it is not your land…...

Just make a Pull-Tab Scarecrow. I know id be runnin!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back