Advice please!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Have recently acquired access to a 60+ acre property. I am the only detector it's allowed on the property. The property owners have put up no trespassing signs and fenced off multiple areas on the property... But it hasn't kept other relic hunters out. I have spoken with the property owners about it but it is a wooded area that they will not put up cameras for in fear of someone stealing or vandalizing them. Any advice to keep them out?

Upvote 2
Rat em out to the law when you hear or see them, they are breaking the law!

Really not much you can do.... :icon_scratch: Maybe security lights or put the cameras high enough so that its not easy to take. Put the cameras in a cage of some kind to protect them. They have lots of things that will keep them safe. You can put them in boxes that can't really be seen by the naked eye. I hope to see lots of finds from you and this site.

Keep @ it and HH !!

Thanks guys. I will put up a picture of everything I've found so far tomorrow. After I find more. I believe I'm going tomorrow.

Land mines might help.:hello: Just sayin.

Trip flares in the obivious access points.

Claymores work pretty good, they clean an area out really fast.

Thanks guys! Will try that if this becomes a war. Not at the point to blowing people up yet but I'm almost there.

Does anybody respect personal property anymore?? :dontknow: Maybe a few bear traps? Hey it shouldn't kill them.. right? lol

You can buy wildlife cameras for around $75. I get a lot of people pics on them. Some take video.

A person could get shot entering posted property maybe the owner should get a couple pit bulls, if I were you I would get my butt in their and pound the place good...good luck to ya...

The guy that allowed me to hunt his property told me straight up that if someone is trespassing on his property he doesn't hesitate to pull out his shotgun and fire off a few warning shots. People work hard to have what they have and to keep there home and family safe. You just never know what kind of person is trespassing or what they're capable of. Sometimes you have to leave a lasting impression so they think twice next time. :-)

People who blatantly trespass make it hard for the people who ask permission. I have a similar situation and it's frustrating.

Big angry dogs are good. Or maybe a flame thrower hooked up to the cameras, they won't be back!

In most states if not all its unlawful to shoot someone for trespassing !! Its commonly misunderstood that people can shoot someone for being in their house or on their property. When in fact the only way you have that right, is if they are clearly armed and clearly out to harm you. It has to be obvious that they are intent on harming you or your family. Keep @ it and HH !!

One thing you could do is to put up lots of signs that say, "Smile for the Cameras".

LOL

Thats exactly what I wanted to write, but just didn't have time!! Signs like that work all the time. Would you want to chance it!!
One thing you could do is to put up lots of signs that say, "Smile for the Cameras".

LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back