Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20230704_191943.jpg

My latest park that I refer to as "International Park", because it keeps giving me little surprises from around the world. Seems to have gone above and beyond and has given me yet another puzzle. But, this one caused me to sit down in order to ponder.

Not, too terrible of a walk for me. Pretty much normal. Finds were coming the whole walk. Nothing too extraordinary.

IMG_20230704_191426.jpg

Did manage a few wrinkles. The four to the right were in a pocket spill. They are welded together!!

IMG_20230704_191601.jpg

Always happy to recover an Ole silver Rosey! Made my day!

OTWBTTC I decided to take a very low traffic path back to the car. Nice....usually quiet, way to finish a walk!

So...ok...nice day, nice walk, winding down. Then I get this lil less than penny hit. Ok...so something nice to find on the way in...perfect!

I picked it up, tried to figure out what the heck happened to Lincoln's face!!??? :dontknow:

Turned it over to see if it was a wheatie. I sat there looking for a few minutes and said whoa! Wtf!!!???

Ok.....so....what am I looking at? A new drop of something old!? Appears to be copper.

Crackerjack charm? 😆

You tell me.....
IMG_20230704_191943.jpg

IMG_20230704_191707.jpg

In any case...a bit of a "firework" for my Fourth. Much better than sitting home watching M*A*S*H. 👀

Happy 4th to everyone, (no offense to your Ladyship, Blossom.)

Update:
According to the experts over on the "What is It " forum.......my single oldest coin I've ever found!

Screenshot_20230706_090845_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for peeking!

Last edited:
Upvote 35
Looks like a nice 4th of July walk. From the looks of your Roman style coin I believe it is a replica. They sell them in museum shops and on line. I’m no expert so reserve judgement until you hear from them, but even a replica is a cool find and they are definitely not a common find. Not like the replica Cobb coins that they sell all over the place and seem to turn up all the time.

Keep up the good walkin and swingin, stay safe and good luck.

My latest park that I refer to as "International Park", because it keeps giving me little surprises from around the world. Seems to have gone above and beyond and has given me yet another puzzle. But, this one caused me to sit down in order to ponder.

Not, too terrible of a walk for me. Pretty much normal. Finds were coming the whole walk. Nothing too extraordinary.

View attachment 2091978
Did manage a few wrinkles. The four to the right were in a pocket spill. They are welded together!!

View attachment 2091979

Always happy to recover an Ole silver Rosey! Made my day!

OTWBTTC I decided to take a very low traffic path back to the car. Nice....usually quiet, way to finish a walk!

So...ok...nice day, nice walk, winding down. Then I get this lil less than penny hit. Ok...so something nice to find on the way in...perfect!

I picked it up, tried to figure out what the heck happened to Lincoln's face!!??? :dontknow:

Turned it over to see if it was a wheatie. I sat there looking for a few minutes and said whoa! Wtf!!!???

Ok.....so....what am I looking at? A new drop of something old!? Appears to be copper.

Crackerjack charm? 😆

You tell me.....
View attachment 2091990

View attachment 2091989

In any case...a bit of a "firework" for my Fourth. Much better than sitting home watching M*A*S*H. 👀

Happy 4th to everyone, (no offense to your Ladyship, Blossom.)

Thanks for peeking!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

As always, great post & great finds. I always love seeing that Spiro "Ted" Agnew campaign ruler of yours in the photos.
As far as your "Roman" looking coin goes, very nice & intriguing find. No stone should be left unturned when trying to figure out its' origin and authenticity. Just because it was found in the states & is in very good shape, doesn't mean that it isn't 2,000 years old.
A true story from my youth. When I was in the 5th & 6th grades in the late 1950s, this big guy named Charlie (won't give his last name), who later in life became a very successful basketball player & coach, and is well-known in and around Boston, sat next to me in school. He & his family lived in the Columbia Point Housing Projects. A couple of times he brought in to show me a handful of old Roman coins that his grandmother gave him, because we were both into coin collecting as kids. His grandfather brought them home from Europe when he was an army soldier during WW1, and his grandmother told him they were Roman coins. They were very cool & old looking. So, getting to the point, one never knows what was brought into this country from overseas & could have been lost by later generations.
I'm hoping your coin is authentic & ancient. Very cool find nonetheless. Congrats ! God bless you, your family & America. Happy Independence Day.....J.T.G.

Way to go, Sir WHADI! I hope it’s authentic. Like tnt stated though, even if it’s a replica, it’s a rare find!
Thanks, milady! I guess I can retire now. Not much chance of me finding an older coin, now is there? :)

Congratulations, looks like you have the real deal and it may well have been brought home as a souvenir and lost here for you to find. Way to go. Stay safe, good luck and keep on walkin and swingin.

Great and interesting finds! But what I really want to know is... what in the heck has the gecko by the tail?! Congratulations and thanks for posting!

Congratulations, looks like you have the real deal and it may well have been brought home as a souvenir and lost here for you to find. Way to go. Stay safe, good luck and keep on walkin and swingin.

Great and interesting finds! But what I really want to know is... what in the heck has the gecko by the tail?! Congratulations and thanks for posting!
Thanks guys! Pretty good thrill!
Blingie has a bothersome Monopoly pup.
😇

I read where Roman Coins would get mixed with the rocks used as ballast in the old wooden sailing ships.

Might explain how some of them ended up on this side of the Pond!
Yep, that's what I always figure. Boy! If this coin could talk! I bet it would have some stories to tell!!! 🙂

That's why I treat *every* inch of ground I walk as something special. You just never know what might show up! Kind of encouraging.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back