Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a short hunt the other day just outside of town where I've found lots of old car parts. Got this old California State Automobile Association plate in an area that was lousy with iron. The Legend only picked it up because it's a BIG hunk of brass.
Looks like it might be from the 30's from what I could find. Any thoughts welcomed.
IMG_7245.jpg

Upvote 18
Got out for a short hunt the other day just outside of town where I've found lots of old car parts. Got this old California State Automobile Association plate in an area that was lousy with iron. The Legend only picked it up because it's a BIG hunk of brass.
Looks like it might be from the 30's from what I could find. Any thoughts welcomed.
View attachment 2155101
Awesome find! Great save. Nice seeing stuff like that these days.

I found an identical one laying in a ditch when I was a kid. I put it on ebay a long time ago (back in the 1990's). As well as I can remember, I think it sold for about 10 or 15 bucks. The buyer told me it was from the 1920's. Back when I sold it, economic times were a lot better and people had extra money to spend on collectables and hobbies. The way things are now, I'm sure things like that are a lot harder to sell and prices realized are probably less than back then

View attachment 2155101
Lensing turns up several examples purporting to be from the 30s, so I think you've nailed it. Condition is a little rough, but the stuff we find usually is.

Nice catch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back