A week of hunting Happy Trails and One Room Schools,(Barber,Rosys,Mercs,IHs)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A week of hunting Happy Trails and One Room Schools,(Barber,Rosy's,Merc's,IHs)

I finally got pictures of last weeks finds. Gary got out and hunted a few days more than I did, as I have a part time job. To say Gary had a Great week would be an understatement.

Gary's finds were as follows, Mercury dimes 1927 & 1945, Rosy's 1946, '53,'56, & 1961, Barber dime 1899, V-nickels 1906 & 19??, Indian Heads 1866 I think & 1887, 1944 Washington Quarter and a 1930 Canadian Quarter, a 1950 Franklin Half Dollar and 11 Wheat penny's. He also found a Gaford Radiator pin, a broken bracelet, a small heart pin and a Slegh bell.

I found two Mercury dimes 1935 & 1942, two Rosy's 1957 & 1964, one Indian head penny 1864 and 20 Wheat pennies. I also found a MileRun Pin.

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds.jpg
    Gary\'s finds.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 624
  • Denny\'s finds.jpg
    Denny\'s finds.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
Re: A week of hunting Happy Trails and One Room Schools,(Barber,Rosy's,Merc's,IHs)

Skrimpy said:
ringfinder said:
...one Indian head penny 1864...

I probably should assume that you checked it already but did you check that IH for an L on the ribbon?

I know what your talking about and I checked and checked but I can't see an L. I'll have to get a better magnifying glass and check the IH. Thanks for asking.
Nick Papageorgio said:
ringfinder,

Nice digs...congrats to GARY...on the FRANKLIN...and the radiator pin is way cool.

Dang those Merc's they are sweet...

The best to the both of you

Way to go,

Nick

Thanks, I thought the radiator pin was cool aslo. I'll have to look it up and see what it's all about.
Nate in Ohio said:
Wow lots of goods! 8) Sounds like your prime spots aren't ready to quit yet. I haven't found a franklin ever. Hope it continues, HH!

Nate, I can't believe Iceberg hasn't given up a Franklin Half. I haven't found one at our Happy Trails site yet either. I have found at least 4 Walking Halves, but no Franklin, go figure. I bet this summer you will find that elusive Franklin. Best of Luck to you and your dad.

Re: A week of hunting Happy Trails and One Room Schools,(Barber,Rosy's,Merc's,IHs)

Ringfinder,
Those are sure nice finds...anytime you can pull out any kind of silver, you know it was a hunt.
I'm next.
HH.

Sweet bunch of finds, Ringfinder. A nice variety of coins and relics. Love your pics, too. I really like those sleigh bells and hope to find one some day. :) Keep digging!

HH

Michiganne said:
Sweet bunch of finds, Ringfinder. A nice variety of coins and relics. Love your pics, too. I really like those sleigh bells and hope to find one some day. :) Keep digging!

HH

Gary and I both hunt with the ACE 250, just like you. I know there are sleigh bells in Mich. Look around old barns or old home sites. Old one room school houses are also a good place to look. We use old plate maps from the 1800's. One room school house are every two miles, some might be a little more or a little less, but the United States goverment said that a school house would be located every two miles. Of course that was back in the good old days. Now that farmers are out planting, our day's are limited on hunting those kind of sites, but look out this fall.

Good Luck on your Sleigh bell find. They really make a good sound on your ACE.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back