A trip back off the mountain to the silver spot (pictures added)

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I had a awesome day today made a trip off of the mountain last night and did some more detecting at the sister and brother-in-law's house today. Ended up with two 1959 silver dimes a 1943 half dollar a 1940 mercury dime a bunch of wheat Penny's I will have to get them cleaned up a little to see which ones are wheaties. I will try to get a picture posted tommorrow. It is late and I just got back home. I love to dig silver coins. The good thing is I still think that there are more silver coins there. Now I need sleep.

Upvote 0
Omnicoginc Keep digging you will get the good stuff. I think if you are looking for silver coins old homes are the best place to look. Most public places have been hit hard but there still may be a silver coin or two in them. There are millions of old homes that are private that have never had a detector ran over the yard. Look for homes that are built in the forty's or back and start asking to go detecting. There will be some folks who say no but enough will say yes to put some silver in your pouch. Good luck.

The stuff that MDing dreams are made of. Great finds!!

Hello all-Great lookin coins.First post for me,--I have been reading posts for a week-you all are some real awesome people,I am learning quite a bit .. Duck from Orugun!!

Thanks duck and welcome to the Forum. Keep us posted on what you find. Folks around here always seem to be willing to help with any questions you have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back