A trip back off the mountain to the silver spot (pictures added)

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I had a awesome day today made a trip off of the mountain last night and did some more detecting at the sister and brother-in-law's house today. Ended up with two 1959 silver dimes a 1943 half dollar a 1940 mercury dime a bunch of wheat Penny's I will have to get them cleaned up a little to see which ones are wheaties. I will try to get a picture posted tommorrow. It is late and I just got back home. I love to dig silver coins. The good thing is I still think that there are more silver coins there. Now I need sleep.

Upvote 0
Re: A tripback off the mountain to the silver spot

Sleep-sleep -you're eye lids are getting heavy-sleep-now what is your sister and brother-in-law's address. ;D

Congrats on the silver. Sounds like you have a good site at there house. Keep up the good finds.

Awesome job on the silver and wheaties!

Looking forward to the pictures!!!! :)

Rod

OK guys and gals here are the pictures of my hunt from yesterday. There are 19 wheat penny's 2 1959 dimes a 1940 dime and a 1943 walking half in good shape. I do not expect to top this day any time soon but I will be out trying to.

Attachments

• Img_0618.jpg
    Img_0618.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 437
  • Img_0620.jpg
    Img_0620.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 431
Hey you done good I am happy to see someone hunting...snow here...HH...Don

Man!

Those are beuts buddy! :o

The wait on the pictures was worth it.

Rod

Thanks guys the silver around here comes out of the ground just like that. All I did was rise them with warm water. The wheaties soaked in olive oil over night and are back in the oil tonight. The oldest penny was a 1929. I also think that there is still some silver there that I have not found yet.

Spotz there is no gold yet but I was told that a woman had said she lost a gold ring in the yard at a yard sale a couple years back. So I am hoping to find it also.

Not sure how these got passed me yesterday, but them are some great finds, WTG!
Good Luck on the next trip out...

nice coins. I also have a great honey hole, with about 8 old home's. i need to figure out how to post pics.
so i can show all my finds, good luck to you all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back