A treasure Map???

Mark4

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2024
LTREXC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I wonder if this map shows about treasure sites? It’s in Mindanao, Philippines.
FEED82E7-DD04-4E7B-9475-814673D3DEA2.jpeg

tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might also consider posting your question (and picture) on PHILIPPINES for additional exposure...

Upvote 0
Hi! I wonder if this map shows about treasure sites? It’s in Mindanao, Philippines. View attachment 2124264
Not at treasure map amigo but strategic map of Japanese military defensive positions and type of military units. What is interesting there is two copper mines. This was a strategic importance of the Japanese to continue mining copper for their war effort.

The northern mine is still in operation today is testament on how much copper was there. Canatuna Mine was gold silver and Copper. The mine to the south seems no longer active but seem a lower grade copper deposit.

I be surprised they would be burying any gold bars there as the gold was with in copper ore that only could be extracted via the copper smelting and refining processes. japan was desperate for copper not gold.

In 1933 Sumitomo regained the recovery track by building a new refinery based on the use of electrolysis at Niihama while at the same time substantially rebuilding the existing Shisaka smelter. Showing an enthusiasm for innovation that remains to this day, Sumitomo introduced new technology around this time and upgraded its infrastructure.

Up until that point the Niihama smelter had processed the entire output of the Besshi mine. From this point on, Sumitomo began purchasing copper ores and unrefined metal from other firms to supply the smelter. During ww2 this was done with ore imported to Japan from the Philippines. This was a major step on the way to Sumitomo becoming a significant player in metal refining.

See attachment

Crow
Copper production philipine ww2.JPG

Upvote 3
Not at treasure map amigo but strategic map of Japanese military defensive positions and type of military units. What is interesting there is two copper mines. This was a strategic importance of the Japanese to continue mining copper for their war effort.

The northern mine is still in operation today is testament on how much copper was there. Canatuna Mine was gold silver and Copper. The mine to the south seems no longer active but seem a lower grade copper deposit.

I be surprised they would be burying any gold bars there as the gold was with in copper ore that only could be extracted via the copper smelting and refining processes. japan was desperate for copper not gold.

In 1933 Sumitomo regained the recovery track by building a new refinery based on the use of electrolysis at Niihama while at the same time substantially rebuilding the existing Shisaka smelter. Showing an enthusiasm for innovation that remains to this day, Sumitomo introduced new technology around this time and upgraded its infrastructure.

Up until that point the Niihama smelter had processed the entire output of the Besshi mine. From this point on, Sumitomo began purchasing copper ores and unrefined metal from other firms to supply the smelter. During ww2 this was done with ore imported to Japan from the Philippines. This was a major step on the way to Sumitomo becoming a significant player in metal refining.

See attachment

CrowView attachment 2124359
Oh, thank you for the very informative reply. Very much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back