125.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Joe's pics 918.JPG
    Joe's pics 918.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Joe's pics 921.JPG
    Joe's pics 921.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
I can't help you with the type but it is an interesting point. Thanks for sharing.

Try maybe Motley or Thebes? The base is not really defined. Tell your bro nice finds!

Nice finds! It could be a spear point or a knife, its pretty hard to know from a single picture and sometimes even handling it doesn't help. They can be very similar when you only have a middle fragment.

Try looking at an Elroy point and see what you think. :dontknow:I really know nothing about northern points.

Nice Point! :icon_thumleft: Your other artifact looks like a broken knife, but would if we had a few other photo's from different angles.

Nice colorful point. The tip looks like it might be a impact fracture and then reworked but still interesting.

Thanks for the info. When I first looked at the point i though one side of the base was broke off but after looking at it again I see flaking. Could it have been made that way or maybe it wasn't finished.

Try maybe Motley or Thebes? The base is not really defined. Tell your bro nice finds!
I looked at a bunch of points on line and It is closer to the Thebes than the Motley or the Elroy. It also resmbles some Hardins that I looked at. Man, why couldn't they etch the name onto the point when they made it?! Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
No one thought Snyder? That was just my first impression

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back