Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had a short time this morning before the rain was supposed to start, so I headed out to the spot where I found the 1942 License plate recently. This place is pretty heavily vegetated and has a ridiculous amount of old cans and trash, so pretty tough hunting. Actually the toughest place I hunt. Still, I managed to pull a few good sounding targets from that mess.

IMG_7778.jpg

The quarter was in the hole with a 16 penny nail and gave a pretty erratic signal, but I've learned to trust the tones of the Legend. The rifle cartridge is a Remington 25-35.

IMG_7779.jpg

The Eagle shield button is a mystery to me, never have seen one like it. Maybe one of you knows what it is. It has a rather strange back. :dontknow:

IMG_7780.JPG

Here's what I'm up against at this place:
IMG_7769.JPG

There are a few clearings that aren't quite so bad, but still loaded with no-see-ems (nails).
IMG_7768.JPG

Good fun for a short hunt, and whenever I walk out of the forest with silver I feel like a winner! 8-)
IMG_7770.JPG

Upvote 16
I only had a short time this morning before the rain was supposed to start, so I headed out to the spot where I found the 1942 License plate recently. This place is pretty heavily vegetated and has a ridiculous amount of old cans and trash, so pretty tough hunting. Actually the toughest place I hunt. Still, I managed to pull a few good sounding targets from that mess.

View attachment 2169790

The quarter was in the hole with a 16 penny nail and gave a pretty erratic signal, but I've learned to trust the tones of the Legend. The rifle cartridge is a Remington 25-35.

View attachment 2169791

The Eagle shield button is a mystery to me, never have seen one like it. Maybe one of you knows what it is. It has a rather strange back. :dontknow:

View attachment 2169793

View attachment 2169794

There are a few clearings that aren't quite so bad, but still loaded with no-see-ems (nails).
View attachment 2169795

Good fun for a short hunt, and whenever I walk out of the forest with silver I feel like a winner! 8-)
View attachment 2169796
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2169790

View attachment 2169791

View attachment 2169793

View attachment 2169794

View attachment 2169795

View attachment 2169796

good job. you got silver

WTG on finding anything in that! I believe the button is a 2pc snap button that's still together.

WTG on finding anything in that! I believe the button is a 2pc snap button that's still together.
Hi oldmxrat, your button looks quite similar to this but the examples I found weren't a clasp style- the case you dug is interesting, great finds!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-19-07-32-09-520.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-19-07-32-09-520.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi oldmxrat, your button looks quite similar to this but the examples I found weren't a clasp style- the case you dug is interesting, great finds!
Thanks Laura, definitely looks like the same design.

View attachment 2169790

View attachment 2169791

View attachment 2169793

View attachment 2169794

View attachment 2169795

View attachment 2169796
tough conditions compared to what I normally dig. Nice bunch of saves and love that silver!

Ever think about leaving the tector home for a day and rake and haul out all that trash? A fellow detectorist did that up above Central City at a particular spot and managed a seated quarter and a walker the next day when he went back with his Minelab.
He still swears the fingerprint on the seated quarter is of William Greeneberry Russell.
Great job sniffin out the quarter and thanks for the share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back