A Liberty Cap cent

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Got out to a field I have been out to a bunch of times. Not a lot of targets dug but I got this nice copper. This is the third liberty cap cent I have ever dug. This is not the greatest in shape, but its the best one I ever dug. Of course there is no date. They were minted between 1793 and 1796.

image-2350303020.jpg

image-3354236392.jpg

image-2400196266.jpg

image-1028692405.jpg

Thank you

Upvote 4
bill from lachine said:
ticm,

Neat old LC.....sometimes if you put tracing paper over the badly worn coins and lightly go over the date area with a lead pencil you can lift a date off them.....it's worth a shot.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well, I just gave that a try. Didn't come out. Oh well.

That's a great find. Congrats!

WTG on another Liberty Cap Cent. I am still striving to break into the 1700s for coinage!
Nick

Great job on finding that LC Cent....they sure don't show up very often! Congrats!

Congrats on the Liberty Cap LC. I really think the date would be readable if you held it in the right light and possibly moistened it a bit. I have dug lots of Draped Bust LC's, but never a Liberty Cap.

Nice ticm I always look forward to your finds

Thats LC is a beauty, found one of those myself but you had to squint through one eye, and hold it at a certain angle to know it was a penny. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back